Hills & Dreams

~ Chapter 27 ~

  After what seemed like hours of just talking and enjoying the view, I got really sleepy. I looked over at Jack who was digging circles with a stick in between the grass between his legs. 

"What are you doing? " I asked.

"Hmm?" He said craning his neck my way.

"Oh uh nothing just thinking." He replied.

"Do you know what time it is?" He asked turning back to me. I pulled out my phone and checked the time.

"It's about 1 am" I said as he started to speak.

"Well that's new." He said.

"Ohh." I said slightly getting a firmer grip on the phone.

"I got this when I was at Pamela's, you're not gonna take it are you?" I asked.

He looked at me his face getting more serious. If that was possible. And then he smiled.

"I won't take it! Calm down! You look like you were about to cry!" He said and I laughed.

"Thank you."

"For not crushing your phone?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"No for everything. I had fun today." I smiled at him.

"My pleasure." He rasped.

"Do you wanna go? You look sleepy." He remarked.

"No I don't mind." I spoke.

"No come on, you look tired." He said standing up. He stretched out his hand and pulled me up.

We walked back to the clearing and he started walking down hill.

"Wait we're walking?" I asked stopping a few steps behind.

"Yeah I think you gained some weight. You need it." He spoke as I walked behind him.

"Come on I'm joking! Plus the car's just down hill." He spoke and I tried to speed up then one heel got stuck in the dirt.

"Come on hurry up!" He said.

"There's no way I'm doing this in heels." I bent over to take the shoe out.

"Wait I'm stuck!" I said and he turned around and walked over to me, before I knew it, he lifted me off the ground and walked down hill and I squealed.

"The shoe! It's still stuck!" I said

"Come on Cinderella it's past midnight get over it." He made fun of me and continued walking.

"I liked it." I pouted.

"You want me to drop you and go get it?" He said shifting his hands from under me.

"No I'm fine!" I said grabbing onto his neck and he chuckled at my reaction.

He dropped me down when we got to the car and wiped his forehead.

"I'm starting to re-think not letting you walk back home." He said and I swatted his arm.

"I'm kidding you're too light." He said and we got into the car.

We drove back home and I went to my room to change. After that I got into bed and got some sleep. I felt like I was falling, then I saw Batman. He was hitting Joker like he was when he captured him. It was the same scene but something changed. Batman kept hitting him and all Jack did was tease him until he couldn't take anymore hits.

I was standing outside the old mansion and Batman came out with Jack's body in his arms. Weak and frail. His face and body were pale and bloody. I cried out his name but my voice wasn't heard it was caught up in my throat. I tried to scream over and over but I couldn't. I didn't get there on time.

I felt water on my face and my nerves came to action. I sat up and caught my breath. I looked around to different surroundings. I was in Harley's room and Jack was right in front of me. I was dreaming but it felt too real.

"Are you alright doll?" He asked.

"Yeah, what happened?" I said running my hand through my hair.

"I don't know, all of a sudden you just started screaming my name." He said then smirked.

"Unless you were having a racy dream." He winked at me and I gave him a weak smile.

"No.. it was so vivid." I said, my smile ceasing.

"Talk to me." He replied and sat down.

"It was just that they got you again and I wasn't there on time and.. I can't really remember it wasn't as clear." I lied, changing the topic.

"Don't worry doll they aren't getting rid of me for a long time." He chuckled.

"Or at least not that easily.." He continued.

"Do you mind staying?" I asked feeling embarrassed.

"Not at all." He smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY! Chapter 27!

Hope you guys like it, I kinda got the dream idea from the game Arkham City if any of you guys like it!

It's really cool if you do, who do you think will be the Arkham Knight in the new game? My bets on Joker himself bec he needs the suit to live but also the Knight is really strong so comment your thoughts about that!

If you don't know the game I recommend check it out it's amazing also Arkham Origins! Or watch Joker's death scene on youtube if you wanna know what the dream was like, without the poison and Harley parts of course :P

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

 Don't forget to comment and vote!

Much love xxxx.