Unexpected Force

~ Chapter 33 ~

"I know I know! I've heard this all before, can we just talk about something else without you bringing Pamela up every 5 seconds?! " I grunted.

I was losing my patience. It was Killer Croc's session and Jack's was next and I wasn't thinking straight. What's the matter with me? I was always patient with him. Even if she's all he ever talks about. I sighed and brought my hands to my temple.

"I'm sorry..just work with me it's a weird day."

"More like weird you.." He grumbled.

I glared at him and the metal doors opened.

"Ms. Striker, let's go, I want to leave early, the session will begin now." Strange burst into the door.

"You can't interrupt my session like that." I turned to him.

"Do I look like I'm sorry?" He crossed his arms.

"Who gave you the right to barge in here anyway, you can't just cut my session short."

"Isn't that what I just did? If you're too busy I can gladly attend to our session..alone." He adjusted his weird gloves and turned to the door.

"Sorry Croc, we'll finish this later." I apologized standing up.

I closed his cell and rushed to catch up with Hugo. He was going into a part of the Asylum which held special cells. It was filled with mostly empty glass cells and ones for people who were special like Pamela or Mr. Freeze. We turned around the corner and the hallway was filled with guards. Yup that's the one.

We went in and some guards opened the glass barrier and let Strange in. I tried to follow behind but a guard put his hand on my shoulder keeping me in place. He gave me a set of headphone, ones that had a mic and left closing the cell door behind him.

I looked at Jack and he was in an orange jumpsuit. They must've stripped him of his clothes. He was looking at Strange straight in the eye. He didn't even blink.

"Alright, Ms. Striker have you put in your head piece?!" Strange spoke. Jack blinked at my name trying to hide his flinch but he kept a cool face.

"Yes, I'm all set." I said and heard my voice echo through the speakers on the wall. Joker didn't look at me.

" Okay, good evening Joker. How are you feeling today?" Strange asked and Joker kept his slight smirk tapping his fingers on the table.

"Why just dandy, Hugo."  He spoke.

"Hmm, What would you say you're feeling today?" He writes in his notebook. Strange's questions suck.. yet I couldn't bring myself to speak. This was a whole new different side of him. 

"Well..it's kinda hot in here..reminds me of what it's like to be inside a terrible liar." He smirks to himself.

"Have you been with a terrible liar?" 

"No.. but I've been lied to..but I wouldn't call it a lie." He answered.

"What would you call it?" Hugo asked still writing as Joker looked down at him.

"Betrayal." He spoke.

" You know what the funny thing about betrayal is?!" He says leaning over to Strange.

" It's an unexpected force, and an unstoppable one indeed. Kinda like me. It'll always happen to you. No matter where you are. You can't hide from it. Oh dear god no. There's no stopping betrayal. No mortal can keep a secret to himself yano?! Even if you.. you SEW his.. his little lips shut.. He'll still rat you out.. It'll ooze out of his every pore!" He spoke slamming his hand flat on the table leaning back in his chair.

The more he didn't look the more I felt his every word directed towards me. Strange left his notepad and sat back in his chair. He sighed and ran his hand through his beard.

" I'll schedule an accompanied walk for you tomorrow.. you need some vitamin D plus this cell is very stuffy." Hugo said standing up and pressing for the guards to open the glass.

"Good day." He says leaving the cell and I glared at him.

" I'll have a word with the patient alone." I said and he walked out ignoring me.

"J-Joker.. listen to me.. it is not what it seemed like.. it's different you have to let me explain but I can't at least not here.." I said.

"My perspective of life is perfectly fine Ms. Striker." He said looking to his hands still avoiding me.

"No I didn't make those calls!" I said.

" Ah but you did, don't be too hard on yourself doll. After all you're just a woman..you live to gossip and complain to somebody. It's in your being that's alright." He says maintaining his smirk

"Just let me explain." I said before someone grabbed my shoulder.

"That won't be necessary." I heard before being hit on the head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!

Here's the update for today x

Hope you guys enjoy x

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote x

More updates this week so stay tuned ;)

Much love xxx