Nightmares

~Chapter 8~

 I was being stubborn. I always was. I stuck to whatever I thought was right. Right now Joker was the farthest from it. I haven't spoken to him in three days. But most of the time he wasn't in the house. I snuck out a couple times to get some food or water, but he never commented on that.

 I kept getting nightmare's from what he did. I'm just constantly thinking about him these days. He made this tension between us. It has only drawn me in more. Even when I can't stand the sight of him I just wish he'd direct a word or two at me.

 But I couldn't possibly be falling in love with him. That's absurd. He lived for chaos, he had a blood-lust. One of which you can never full fill. But there was no other way of explaining my attraction to him. I scanned through my bag searching for my pills. I was on sleeping pills. Before all this happened I was already an insomniac. 

 I found the pills and there was one left. I took it and laid back on the bed. I was taking them in pairs lately and still nothing. They never really worked before so it's impossible they'll do anything now. It was hopeless. I sighed and turned onto my side. The weather was heating up, I was in bed with a pair of sweatpants and my tank top. It was still in the afternoon but I still needed sleep. A few minutes later the door flew open and so did my eyelids. 

" Be ready by 8 you have thing's to do." Joker spoke. He looked at me sideways. He was only in his vest and shirt again. I love the way it hugged his frame. I couldn't really speak so I just nodded at him but he left before I could react.

 I sighed and got out of bed. I grabbed a black tank top and my worn out black jeans and headed to the bathroom. I took a shower and changed and went back to the room. I put my hair in a pony tail and walked outside.

It was already 8:30 and I didn't want him angry at me so I headed to his office, to make sure he was alright. I was about to knock on his door when it flew open. He scrunched his nose at me and bumped past my shoulder. 

" Let's go." He mumbled walking out to his van.

 I walked after him silently. I got in the back seat not sure where I was allowed to go, then two of his men squeezed in next to me. He started chuckling.

"I wouldn't sit there toots." He laughed and I moved to the passenger's seat next to him. 

This guy's driving was crazier than he was. He zoomed past cars and at moments I could swear the car was only on two wheels. Every time I flinched as he turned he'd smirk or giggle at my reaction. At least one of us enjoyed this. He parked next to an alley and shouted directions to his men.

"Now you're coming with me." He spoke as he walked to the fire escape behind the museum.

We climbed so many stairs I couldn't even breathe anymore. But Joker? He didn't even flinch or stop for air. How was he in such good shape. Finally we reached the roof of the building and I stopped for air resting my hands above my knees. My feet were trembling. If I walked another inch they'd tumble under me. I looked up at Joker and he was on his knees bringing equipment out of his backpack. I stood straight and walked over to his side.

 He put a huge ball with laser and blades on the roof glass. He opened it and it cut out a huge square as Joker got the glass out of the way.

"You'll be going in there, and grabbing that gem over there understood?" He said getting a black rope and some harnesses out of the bag.

"I have so many questions but the biggest one has to be, How?!" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I'll lower you in." His voice rasped.

I was about to complain about how I had a fear of heights but he interrupted me.

"It's fine just do it, I don't remember you having a choice, now get in." He spoke picking up the harness for me to put my feet in.

 I put my feet in and he stood up putting two straps over my shoulders and I connected them in the front as he moved my hair and clasped them on the back. He clasped the ends to the waist strap and I did so on the front. He got another back strap and turned around to face me and linked it around my waist. I tightened the ones on my thighs and gave him a dirty look hating what I was doing. He gave me a sarcastic smile and tightened the strap around my waist too hard and I flinched. 

He got the rope and attached it to the back and I dangled my feet over the edge of the opening. I took a deep breath and he lowered me down until the gem was in reach. I reached over and grabbed it and the alarms went off. Joker pulled me back and I handed him the jewel as he put it in the bag.

"Quick help me up they'll get me." I squealed putting my hand out for him and he chuckled.

"You worry too much dollface." He walked over and lifted me by my waist.

 " My goons took care of them, never doubt my plans." He smirked at me. He was too close for comfort but I enjoyed being this close to him. 

 " You can let me go now." I said softly putting my hand on his moving them away from my waist and grabbed the bag and we we hurried down the stairs. 

We got into the van and I finally relaxed into the passenger's seat as he zoomed away. Right now his driving was my least issue. I hated heights and my breath was still heavy from what I just did. My heart was still beating uncontrollably fast. As soon as we got home I went straight to bed.

A few minuted later all I could see was darkness, the only things audible were my heartbeat and my mind freaking out. Then it came into my view. I was falling, I saw the ground getting closer. I wanted to scream but I felt choked up. All I could feel was the air getting heavier and heavier in my lungs. 

"Eva! Wake up! I said wake up!" I heard Joker grumble.

I opened my eyes and it was kinda blurry until my vision adjusted to Joker towering over me shaking both my shoulders uncontrollably. I sat up slowly and felt the heat of tears on my face. 

Joker sighed and sat next to me. He brought his hand up to his hair and kept running it through. He looked around then back at me again.

"Jeez angel, you scared me, you were screaming so loud and I thought something happened to you." He spoke his face growing softer.

"No I'm fine thanks it was just a bad dream." I sniffed wiping the mess that was on my face.

"Do you uh need to like talk about it?" He spoke in a nasal tone.

"No it's just I was falling and I have a fear of heights and it's kinda complicated." I explained and he stared at me for a couple seconds, he was looking for some way to help.

"Well uh you know if you need anything I'm next to you, I won't really sleep, it's 7am." He said standing up.

"I was about to have some breakfast if you want some." He turned around and smiled a genuine smile. 

"I'd like that." I said running my hand through my hair before leaving the room behind him.

------------------------------------------------------

It's your lucky day guys! You got a double update. I only started a draft on the other fanfic

Hope you guys like this chapter!

Hope you have a great day!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Much love xxx