Connections

~ Chapter 37 ~

 Ever since we woke up Jack has been running in circles. I couldn't understand what the problem was and quiet frankly I didn't try to ask. He has been going back and forth from his office to the warehouse. He even went with his gun a few times. I could even hear his men trying to keep up with him each time he went back to the house as he shot them before entering each time. Jack entered the living room once again cursing before slamming the door of his office. 

"Where is the goddamn notebook?!" I heard his muffled voice shout.

I looked at the coffee table and it was there ever since yesterday. The door of his office flew open and he went to the kitchen and started rummaging through the drawers. He threw stuff out and slammed the drawers back in.

"Jack." I spoke as I leaned forward and got the notebook.

He didn't look at me but instead he stomped to the book shelf next to the couch I was on. He threw some books out and dropped others.

"Jack.." I repeated, but still no answer.

I sighed and stood behind him. I put my hand on his shoulder and when he snapped his head to my direction I held the book up to him. His expression softened at the sight of the notebook and he took it out of my hand. Brushing past me he sat down on the couch and sighed. I went over and sat next to him as he rested his head in his hands.

"Do you want to tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

He sighed rubbing his face and looked at me, "we were trying to hack into Bruce Wayne's security system but something went wrong and it will set an alarm to the GCPD and it won't be long until batman finds us if we don't shut the system down." 

I sat their for a few seconds trying to look for an answer. 

"Did you try calling Enigma?" I asked and he looked at me like I was crazy before realization hit him.

"Yes he could probably solve this in a matter of seconds!.. Could you call him for me?" He asked.

"Umm sure." I replied and he went to get a phone from his office.

He then returned and opened a notebook and dialed his number before handing the phone to me. It rang about 4 times before he answered.

"Riddle me this! Riddle me that! It is good and never bad. Within it we laugh and play, without it there would be no day." His voice burst into the phone as Jack cursed at him in the background.

"Morning Enigma." I laughed.

"Correct! You never seize to impress me Striker." He spoke.

"How could you answer like that aren't you worried they'd track you down?" I asked.

" You really think they can?! My IQ is 5 times 7 of their's combined." He huffed and Jack rolled his eyes.

"Which brings me to why I'm calling you.. Joker needs your help to hack into the GCPD system and stop the alarm from Wayne Manor from going off the next time they activate it." I explained.

"You know if it wasn't you on the phone, I would've blackmailed him but he gave me a chance to hear your voice soo, give me twenty minutes." He said.

"Thanks Riddler." I said before hanging up and giving the phone back to Jack.

"What are you smiling at?" He asked me and I couldn't help but grin at him, he was so helpless before.

"Nothing, how many men did you kill?" I asked.

"10.." He answered.

"Good lord Jack! I thought you knew better than that. What happened to the 30 victims minimum deal we had?!" I joked.

He caught on to what I was saying and gave me a small smile. I looked at him and he looked into my eyes before shooting up ,clearing his throat ,and going to his office. What is the matter with him?! Nothing happened! Why does he keep pushing me away?! I got up and decided to talk to him. I went to the door of his office before giving it a slight knock and stepping in. He turned to face me and leaned his weight on the desk.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked pushing the door closed.

He gave me a slight nod and I sighed.

"What's wrong? You keep pushing me away and you keep distancing yourself, could you at least tell me why?" I asked.

He ran his fingers through his hair before looking back at me, " look Eva, I have been hurt more times than once, okay from friends to people who I loved, to the closest people to me. It seems that everywhere I go something has to happen, and I don't trust anyone right now, but more importantly I don't trust myself. Not with you." He spoke.

"Well it's hurting me too because I feel like I'm throwing myself at you. I poured my heart out for you and you probably feel indifferent. For f*cks sake Jack, I left everything behind! You'd think I'd leave here but I can't because I don't want to, okay I don't know what happened but everything is different and I don't see myself at Arkham anymore, and not even in my own home. I left my morals and broke my own boundaries for you, a-and I don't know what it is that's going on right now but I definitely am feeling feelings for you.." I spoke and tears brimmed my eyes.

"-and it's totally okay if you don't feel the same and I can l-leave you alone." I said turning around before Jack yanked my forearm and crushed his lips to mine.

It took me a minute to realize what was going on before kissing him back. It was kinda clear now, I was inlove with the clown.

------------------------------------------------------

Okayyy so that's that ! :P

Hope you guys liked this chapter xxx

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!!

hope you're all having a great day

more updates coming next x

much lovee xxx