Sometimes the truth comes out

~Chapter 6~

  My cough just wouldn't calm down. I changed out of my dress and into my pjs and got into the bed. I was literally shivering. I felt my eyes get heavier and I slept for a couple hours until I was woken up by a loud knock.

"Go away." I groaned and the door opened. 

"You did a great job out there doll." Joker burst in.

"Yeah okay and you left me in the cold for half an hour and now I'm sick, now let me rest." I groaned again.

"You could've let me stay inside and leave when the car came if you were gonna let me ride the volvo back anyway." I grunted.

"That's not the spirit! I'll send you a thermometer and some meds doll." He said walking out of the room.

I grunted at how ignorant he was being. A few minutes later one of his men entered and left the box of meds and the thermometer next to me but I was sleeping. A few hours later I woke up and took my temperature which turned out to be very high. I took some cough relievers and went into the kitchen but I didn't find anything to eat ,so I settled for a cup of tea and some bread. 

I went back to bed feeling worse than ever. I kept waking up with the sound of Joker yelling at his men or breaking into laughter. I lost track of time since I kept waking up and sleeping again every 5 minutes.

A few hours later I woke up to him knocking again. I couldn't even raise my head to answer the door.

"Mhmm." I whimpered.

"Hey angel." His voice rasped.

"Joker." I mumbled.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Why do you care? You're so manipulative.." I closed my eyes.

"Are you okay? You're mumbling doll." He touched my forehead.

"You're burning up." He said and left the room and came back with a towel and an ice bowl.

"You have to put this angel." He soaked the towel in the cold water and put it on my forehead as I pushed him away.

"You're hurting me!" I whimpered.

"You have to put this, you're hallucinating." He spoke.

"Here, I'll lay it slowly." He said and held my hand away from my forehead as put the towel on my head. 

"I don't understand." I mumbled.

"You're like two people." I rambled on.

"Joker and Jack." I said.

"Well, who do you prefer doll?" He looked at me.

"I guess Jack, I don't understand Joker. He wants to hurt me." I mumbled and he sighed.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked.

"I can't explain it.. I guess I care." He spoke.

I fell asleep as Joker helped reduce my temperature and when I woke up he was sleeping in the chair he was sitting on infront of me last night. I sat up feeling better as memories of last night came to me in bits. I couldn't remember most of the things I said but I couldn't feel what I was saying. Who knows what I blurted out. The only thing I remember is telling Joker he had two personalities.

Of course! Leave it to me to tell him he's a schizophrenic! I also remember him saying he cared which kinda got to me. He knew I was hallucinating.. yet he still said it. I got out of bed and took some pills and I headed to the kitchen before remembering there was nothing in the fridge. I told one of his men who was standing outside to fetch me some things from the grocery store.

When he came back I made some pancakes and made some for Jack too. He deserved some, who knows what his last decent meal was. I also got honey and jam and peanut butter. I heard some grunting noises from the room and knew it was the Joker. I put him some pancakes on a plate and sat down and ate mine.

He got out of the room and ran his fingers through his hair. He still had his vest on with his sleeves un buttoned and pushed up. 

"What's that smell?" He asked.

"It's a little gesture for helping me yesterday. Plus you should eat every now and then." I smiled at him.

"Here." I handed him the plate.

He looked at me in a strange way then took the plate and took a bite out of the pancakes. 

"Wow you're cooking is way better than Harley! She couldn't cook under any circumstances." He voice rasped.

"I know." I smiled remembering the time I slept over at her house and she attempted to make brownies.

He realized I must have remembered something and left me with my memory.

"I hope there are no hard feelings about the night of the party." He spoke.

"I'll take that as an apology." I told him.

I watched him eat. He made everything more intriguing the way he does it. He has such a complex personality, yet it isn't all out of vileness and cruelty. Somewhere inside of him was a man crying for help. He faced his own demons within his very own thoughts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Chapter 6! hope you guys like it

It was kind of a filler. To keep the story going.

Anyway don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts xx

much love xxx