Something different

~ Chapter 36 ~

 I watched the back of his head as he entered his room and shut the door. I stood there for a few seconds until a drop of blood dripped onto my shirt from the gash next to my lower lip. I brought my fingers out to the wound and flinched.

 I looked around, not knowing where the bathroom was, and went to the kitchen's sink. I ran the water and rinsed my mouth before spitting back the water. I went to the fridge and grabbed some alcohol and soaked a tissue with it before bringing it to my wound. I grunted at the sting I felt as they made contact. I threw away the tissues and rinsed it again.

"There's a disinfectant in the cupboard." I jumped as Jack came up behind me.

"God. You frightened me." I spoke as he quietly went to the fridge.

I turned to him he had no paint on and was in a black shirt. He must've noticed me staring and spoke.

"At this point I don't care what you see." He sighed as he closed the fridge and leaned on the island.

"The Joker losing his spark? I might just run and write about it on my blog." I joked.

"Not a chance." He said giving me a half smile.

I dabbed my wound dry try not to add more pressure on it.

"Here." He said opening the cupboard and grabbing a bandage.

"Thanks." I half said.

"You should have some rest, your eyes are bloodshot." He remarked.

"I'll try." I spoke before things went silent.

"I'm sorry." I said before hugging him, he remained stiff then patted my shoulder with one hand and I let go of him and left to the room.

I sat in bed and stared at the wall. The last time I slept was for 2 hours and that was 3 days ago. I'm beyond exhausted but I know rest isn't gonna come to me tonight. I can't help but think about how Jack reacts around me now.

He isn't the same and god knows if he ever will be. 

~

I was running. I felt the adrenaline push it's way through my body as my heart rate picked up. I went faster and faster, my feet barely touching the ground. Fear, was all I felt. Didn't matter from what or who but I was running, I had to.

The ground shifted and I stopped at the edge of a building. I looked behind me and a figure was crawling out of the darkness. As it came closer somewhere in my absent mind I recognized it. I looked back over the edge and panicked. I can't jump.

The figure came closer and I felt trapped. Jumping wasn't an option. It was like being backed up against a wall. The next thing I knew I was tied up to a chair and the figure approached me. It drove a knife to my chest as darkness took over.

~

I shot up and coughed. I must've fallen asleep. I tried to maintain my heart rate as I ran my fingers through my hair. I was having a nightmare. But this one wasn't because of Jack. It was a constant reminder of my fear weighing me down. I've had this for as long as I could remember. The running, the rooftop, the man with the face I could never make out. 

I felt my body shake as I felt scared in the dark room. I stood up and grabbed a pillow before walking outside. I opened the door and rubbed my eyes adjusting to the light. I saw Jack laying on the sofa. He turned his head to me as I slightly backed away.

" Hey, you need something?" He asked.

"Um no." I stuttered.

"Are you okay?" He said fully turning to me.

"No I just had a nightmare, I couldn't sleep in the dark." I admit.

"Come here it's fine." He said and I approached him.

He sat up and opened his arms and I hugged him. I closed my eyes as he rubbed my back. I missed his scent.

"It's okay." He said before I left his arms.

I sat next to him as he watched tv. I noticed he also had his pillow with him. Could he not sleep? I extended my legs on the L of the couch and next thing I knew I was sleeping.

I woke up against a strong body. I looked down and Jack had his arms around me and was sleeping. I smiled at his hands before moving out of them. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water. By the time I turned around Jack was sitting up with his palm against his eye.

" Hey." I smiled.

"What happened?" He rasped.

"Nothing you fell asleep, don't worry I didn't rape you." I joked.

"I'm sure you didn't, sorry if I suffocated you yesterday." He rolled his eyes and walked over to me.

"It's okay..I missed you." I said hugging him when he approached me.

He gave me a small hug but didn't say anything before letting go and moving to the fridge. Something felt weird and I felt hurt. Something's definitely changed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guysssss

I feel sooo bad for leaving you for so long!

I'm so sorry but that may or may not happen again in the following week X_X

It was really hard to accomplish this on my phone so I apologize if there are any format errors.

We are gonna change our ADSL so to do so we have to stop the old one for a week, so if I can't update I'm soo sorry xx

Bare with me x

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter x

What do you think Joker feels rn?

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts x

Hope you're all having a great day x

Much love xxx