Smoke and weaknesses

~Chapter 13~

  It was around 3am I woke up to the sound of stuff getting knocked over and noticed Joker was back. I remembered what John told me and decided it was non of my business. A few minutes later I heard loud coughing, I figured it would stop, but it never did. It was now 3:30 and it still hasn't stopped. I decided to check up on his.

 I approached his room and opened the door a little wider and walked in. He was on his bed and he turned sideways as I walked in.

"Are you okay?" I asked inching closer.

"Well hello gorgeous, What brings you here?" He spoke as he sat up. Even though I knew he probably wouldn't remember any of this and he wasn't in the right mind (well he never is) but I still blushed.

"Wait no no I don't need your help." He spoke in a kid's tone.

"You need to sober up that's what you need." I sighed going over to him. His smell was so hard it gave me a headache just washing over me. He tried to stand up but he was so tipsy he leaned forward and started to fall and I caught him.

"Can get your hands off of me can't ya?" He slurred. He was wreaking of cigarettes and weed. Yes I knew what it smelled like.

"Were you smoking?!" I questioned holding his body weight up.

"Were you?" He raised an eyebrow at me. He was definitely high.

I sighed and helped him to my room.

"Come on I'm gonna take care of you come on buddy move with me." I practically dragged him to Harley's room. I put him on the bed and I went to get an aspirin and a water bottle. 

"Drink this, all of it." He smirked at me and swallowed the pill and drank the water.

I helped him under the cover and tucked him in.

"You're beautiful." He spoke straightening a piece of my hair.

"Just get some sleep Joker, I'll sleep outside." I explained grabbing a pillow.

"Guess that's the price of love huh?" He says and I turn to look at him.

"You look like a fool and the other person has to take your crap while you're wasted, and then you start blurting out shit, now they don't trust you enough to sleep with you in the same bed. You have to watch them get hurt  but you're too angry and hurt to help them. You almost got raped today Eva." He rambled on. He was sobering up.

"Get some sleep Joker you're babbling." I said closing the door behind me.

I sighed and eventually found sleep on the couch. I woke up at around 12 and sat up. The couch was actually very comfortable. I rubbed my eyes and saw Joker in the kitchen. He looked angry or focused, there was no telling his emotion.

"What were you doing sleeping on the couch?" He asked.

"Excuse me?" I asked not hearing him.

"How did you end up there?" He asked this time walking over to me.

"Well you were wasted and I sobered you up and left you to sleep in Harley's room." I explained.

"I didn't need your help but thanks anyway." He says standing in front of me.

"Yeah well I wanted to thank you too, about Jackson and apologize about what I've said." I said. He got closer to me.

"What? Um no, you don't think I actually did that for you right? He had it coming for him, he was distracted by you, he had weaknesses, you were his weakness, there's no room for weaknesses here." He said getting inches away from my face.

"That funny considering what you've said yesterday." I said standing up and pushing past him.

God he was so irritating at times, I just wanted to hit him. The rest of the day I heard him cough all around the house. I felt bad for him, I cared I can give him that. Sometime in the afternoon I called for John and gave him some cough relievers to give Jack.

I don't care if he hated me right now, he deserved  proper treatment. I don't get why he does this, his life is so complex. This man makes some seriously bad decisions. He never stops to think of the consequences.

It was sometime in the am and I still couldn't sleep so I decided to get some water and maybe finish my book outside. I drank some water and curled up on the couch with my blanket and the book. Plus my pillows were full of his paint from last night.

I woke up to the feel of cold hands on my lower back. I jumped up and looked to see the Joker looking shocked.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I snapped.

"I-I was just covering you!" He stuttered and I calmed down.

"I'm sorry." I relaxed.

"Me too." He said sitting down next to me and looking at the ground.

"I do like your tattoo though doll." He smirked at the ground then at me changing the subject. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

"What does it resemble? It has to mean something." He whispered getting closer to me straightening a piece of my hair between his fingers.

"Well it's kinda self explanatory isn't it, I'll leave you to analyze what it means." I said smiling at him.

"Thanks for the medicine though." He spoke. I looked at his lips and he was inching closer to me and I inched backwards.

"Why can't you find it within you to trust me angel?" He asks.

"The thing is I do trust you." I whispered as he left.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK! That was the 4th update of the day!
This should be a record!

I feel so brain dead right now lol

Anyway hope you guys liked it!

There'll be more updates tomorrow hopefully x

don't forget to comment and vote x

much love xxx