Gone

~Chapter 16~

 I woke up at around 11 but Jack was no where to be found. Being used to this I had some breakfast and sent John to get me some books. I loved reading it made me thinks of all the possibilities in life, it made me imagine all the things I could be.

 It was 3pm and there was still no sign of Jack or John. I was about to go take a shower when Jack came through the door.

"Hi doll." He greeted me and I smiled.

"Hey you look happy." I said.

"Don't I always?!" He chuckled. Okay beyond happy.

"Say you wanna go out for a while, you know just like you wanted to?" He smiled at me.

"But what about Batman?" I questioned him.

"Screw that, he doesn't scare me." He laughed.

"You sure?" I asked remembering what happened yesterday.

"Yes! now go get dressed!" He spoke.

I got dressed and waited for him outside.

"Ready angel?" He asked and we headed outside.

We went to this place on the outskirts of town. It was a dark restaurant that was more of a bar. We sat on some table at the far corner. I had a soft drink while Jack ordered beer. 

It was fun to be honest. He was in a good mood the entire time even though it still wasn't night time. We later had some lunch and he made me laugh the entire time. I loved it when he was in this mood. We made fun of couples around us and it was overall a fun day, then it was around 7 and It was time to go.

The entire ride home Jack would laugh to himself and I couldn't help but break into laughter too. We kept remembering the things we'd just done.

"But she had it coming for her!" He whined.

"Just because she was skimpy doesn't mean you should trip her!" I laughed at how he tripped the waitress who was flirting with him.

"She was throwing herself at everyone! I had grease paint on my face for crying out loud!" He said.

"She was probably drunk." I said.

"Yeah or probably just a sl*t!" He said and I hit his shoulder laughing at his rude comments.

"You're impossible!" I giggled looking out the window.

We went back home and I went to take a shower. After I was finished I headed back to the room and changed into some clothes. As I brushed my hair I heard some banging outside. I thought it was probably Jack 'punishing' some of his men. But after a few seconds the sound grew louder, I opened the door slowly and peaked out.

It was Batman, he was holding Jack by the collar. Jack saw me and motioned for me to leave. I hesitated for a few seconds but there was no use I couldn't help him, so I just opened the room window and jumped out. 

I hid in the bushes as I saw Batman drag Jack outside and threw him into a car. I watched as they drove away then I ran back into the house. I paced the living room not knowing what to do. I felt my breathing get heavier and I started hyperventilating. I then heard the door open and John burst in. I ran to him and cried. 

"They-they-  Batman took him!" I spoke.

"I know I know that's why I hurried here!" He said.

"Hurried?! You were out the whole day you should've been here hours ago!" I yelled.

"I know just calm down! I met some men who work for a guy I know and he knew Batman was going to take him," He spoke.

",this man he knows where they're taking him so I hurried here as fast as I could to warn you guys after understanding what was about to happen but I was too late." He continued.

"Well who is he?! Tell him he has to help us." I yelled.

"I know I'll call him." He said going over to the phone.

He talked on the phone with the guys for about 10 minutes and it was too long for me to handle, he finally seemed to agree.

"He says he's gonna come over tomorrow." John spoke.

"Tomorrow! What?! Tell him we have to help him now!" I got frustrated.

John negotiated with the guys and then turned to me.

"He says patience is bitter but it's fruit is sweet, so have some my dear." John spoke then he ended the call.

"Patience is bitter but it's fruit is sweet?!!" I yelled at John.

"Do you have any idea how frustrating this is?! Who even is this guy?!!" I screamed.

"He calls himself The Riddler." John said.

Ahh yes, out of all the smart ass people I've met it had to be him!

"I know him." I said going back into my room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Hope you guys liked this one!

Riddler is gonna be with us in the next few chapters!

What do you think is gonna happen next?!

What do you want to?

Should Eva really risk her life to get Jack back?

Comment your thoughts bellow and don't forget to vote x

Much love xxxx