Back

~ Chapter 32 ~

I thanked Gordon and went up to my house. I looked for the spare key I kept next to the plant pot. I opened the door and collapsed to my knees. I felt so empty, everything was different. I rested my head on the door as I cried before whipping my tears in my sleeve. I stood up and went to the kitchen. I grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down.

I sat on the sofa thinking of all the ways I could explain my mistake. But it's highly unlikely that he'd let me breathe within 2 miles from him. I made an alarm for work tomorrow. There was no way they were gonna give me my appointment with him again but I'm willing to fight for it.

Sleep finally came to me because of how exhausted I was. I woke up to the vibrating of my phone and stood up. I washed my face and got dressed not forgetting to gather things I needed, although half of which were at Joker's house.

I gathered some money and took a cab to Arkham. Walking there was the last thing I wanted right now. I entered the gates and everyone's attention turned to me. Some glared and a few smiled.

I shrugged it off and went up the stairs to the floor which held my desk. As I walked in I was greeted by a lot of workers and some even clapped. I gave them a shy smile before putting my bag on the desk and taking a seat.

I gathered some papers from my desk which held information on my past clients and working schedule. I made my way up the stairs and to Dr. Jeremiah's office. I stopped to fix my clothes before knocking on the door.

"Ms. Striker..eager as usual?" He spoke.

"It's nice to see you too Dr. Arkham." I smiled. I was used to his remarks.

"Ah let's see, I'm guessing you need a coat, there you are." He says and hands me a white coat.

"Thank you." I said and handed him my papers.

He crossed out some things and threw some papers. He then got a folder and handed it to me with a few other papers to sign. I checked the schedule and it had Killer Croc, Penguin, and Harvey. I looked up at him and acted dumb.

"What about Pamela?" 

"She broke out, no tv where they kept you?" He made a cruel joke.

I gave him a sarcastic smile and signed the papers before he stamped them.

"What about him?" I asked.

"No way. It violates our policies and puts your life on the line." He shrugged.

"What policies?! Come on you know I can make progress with him, I have learned a lot from my experience." I argued.

"That is out of the question Ms. Striker and you know that! Plus he's Dr. Strange's patient now."

"Hugo Strange?! That sociopath needs a therapist himself! Are you serious?! There's no way you're gonna make progress like that." I yelled.

"It's not about progress, it's only a matter of time before he breaks out again, and Strange can keep him in there and we'll have you watching their video therapy sessions to make your diagnosis." He points to my schedule.

"By drugs and ECT right?!!!" 

"All perfectly fine medical methods."

"You will not electrocute him! He's a schizophrenic! You trying to get him crazier?!" I fumed.

"This conversation is over Ms. Striker! You will give us your analysis after every session from the safety of the computer department and if you have a problem with that you're welcome to resign any time!" He stood up.

I grabbed my papers and stormed out of his office. I headed to my desk and took my card and went to the elevator. I opened to doors to the computer office and there was no one inside. I entered my info and went through all my assigned patients then clicked on The Joker. He was leaning into Strange's face and I grabbed the headphones, but it was too late Strange punched him and walked out.

Guards waked in and grabbed Jack as Strange closed the camera. I headed outside and saw Strange making his way to Arkham's office and I followed him. 

"Dr. Strange, how was..Oh for f*cks sake..Ms. Striker what could possibly want now?!" Jeremiah said pulling away from his desk as I entered the room.

"This isn't working." I spoke.

"Haven't we just talked about this?!" He yelled.

"I agree." Strange spoke.

"I planned for the patient to move behind glass." He continued.

"And you assaulted him." I spoke.

"I wouldn't call it assault." 

"You punch him.." I continued.

"It was only because he was asking for it." 

"He wasn't asking for anything! You should know to control yourself by now Doctor." I glared at him.

"Alright alright enough! Since he is now under concentrated security, you may both work together on the patient but only Dr. Strange could enter behind the glass you will gladly work from behind the glass or drop the patient now get out! Both of you!"  Jeremiah spoke and I grunted.

"I'll see you tomorrow Ms. Striker." Hugo said walking past me.

"Tragically."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guyssss!!!!!! Guess who's free again!!!!

More updates are on their way! 

Hope you guys like this one

Hope you're all having a great day!

Don't forget to vote and comment and thoughts or remarks x

Much love xxx