Tolerence

~ Chapter 24 ~

 " We need to talk. " He said and I stayed silent.

 " Look at me." He said grabbing my cheeks and I pulled away.

 " I didn't mean.. Look, what happened was not real you..you don't understand." He stuttered.

 "It seemed real to me." I whispered.

 "Look you don't have to explain. I know there's no escape to this, just go it's fine I'll stay and I'll help around but at least just give me my space to just get over this. Don't you think you owe me at least that? " I sighed.

"But I didn't say that I- I mean I did, but it wasn't what I meant believe me." He was rambling on and every word he uttered made everything worse.

"Please for your own sake. Just.. you're making it worse for yourself. Just.. just go." I said and he turned away and left.

I needed some air. My breathing was heavy and I couldn't coup with this. The room was suffocating to me. I tried to open the window but he had screwed it shut. I cursed under my breath and went out of the room. I opened my door and found all his men in the garage.

They teased me like they always did but I ignored it and went out to the yard. I stumbled across the dirt and sat at a small patch of grass in front of the house. I heard someone walk up to me and I grunted.

"I'm not running away John. Go back inside." I said.

"Actually it's kinda my job and I'm Jared." I heard and I turned around coming face to face with the new guy from earlier.

"Your job?" I asked.

"Well yeah, I'm supposed to guard you and make sure you don't run off." He said as he sat down next to me.

"Great a babysitter." I said as I put my head between my hands.

I felt Jared shift next to me and I looked over to him and he looked embarrassed. 

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude.. It's not about you." I said sitting up.

"It's fine." He said looking to his side.

"I don't mean to be nosy or anything but I mean, you're young. What are you doing here?" I asked changing the topic.

"Long story." He said resting his forehead on his arms.

"What's your name?" He turned to me.

"Evangeline, you could call me Eva." I said.

"Eva." He replied and gave me a sheepish smile.

"I didn't mean to bother you earlier you just looked depressed." He said.

"It's fine, I'm sorry I snapped at you." I admit.

"You know I've heard about you. Never thought this was where doctors go missing." He said looking up at the moon and I laughed.

"Neither did the doctors." I replied and he smiled at me.

"He's quiet the nutjob isn't he?" He says quietly.

"You have no idea." I replied looking up to the moon as well

"If I didn't need the money.. I would've never worked here. I never would've thought I'd even be this close to the guy. Let alone ride his van." He continued.

"But why couldn't you just get a job?" I asked.

"Well I'm not really good for anything except music. Plus I needed the money fast, it's my mum." He admit and I decided not to push it.

"Music?" I questioned him.

"Yes. Singing, guitar, piano, everything! You name it!" He said in such a hyper way. After a few minutes of silence he spoke.

"You know, I thought you'd be all no offense, but psycho. I mean you've seen Quinn." He spoke.

"Sorry to disappoint." I joked and he smiled at me.

I later got up and went back to bed. I started thinking about the things Jared told me. He was actually really nice. He made me feel better for the time being. I then thought about Jack. What does he think he could possibly say to make everything alright. He couldn't have possibly loved me. It was against his being.

I woke up and rubbed my face before sitting up. I jumped out of bed and looked at the time. It was around 1pm, I've never really slept this much. I even slept in my clothes. I touched my boots and found the phone inside. I took it out and put it on silent. I looked around the room and decided to put it between some of Harley's clothes. 

I walked outside and saw Jack in the kitchen. I walked to the bathroom not bothering to even comment. I washed my face enjoying the cool water on my skin for a few seconds before drying my face and walking out.

"Morning." I heard Joker say from the kitchen. I looked at him and he was facing his cup.

"Morning." I replied.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Okay I guess.. You don't have to pretend to find this interesting, this won't fix anything." I said walking over to the couch.

"You left your notebook. It's in my office." He said avoiding my comment and I looked at him.

"That's how I knew." He said before taking his mug and walking away to his office.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woop! Another update.

Hope you guys like this one x

Another one will be posted in almost an hour hopefully.

There'll probably be at least 2 updates tomorrow too.

Also don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote xx

Much love xx