Escape

~Chapter 19~

  It has been two days ever since I slapped that asshole and it has been hell for me. Even when he wasn't in the house I didn't leave the room. I've had 2 meals which John have sneaked in for me. They were only a bunch of apples and fries,I haven't asked him to get me some though. There was a knock on my door and someone cleared their throat.

"There's food on the counter." Joker spoke.

"I don't want any." I said.

"It's been almost 3 days.. You'll die." He rasped.

"That's what I'm trying to do." I replied in a sarcastic tone.

I heard him growl and he hit the door.

A few minutes later I heard him shout at some people before I heard him go out and slam the door. I opened my door slowly and made sure he wasn't out there and sneaked to his office. I got out the phone he gave me when I was out. I found Ivy's number and gave her a call. 

"Umm hey Ivy." I said into the phone as I picked at my nails.

"I- I was wondering if I can um..I mean where are you?" I was about to continue but she completed my sentence.

"Yes of course Eva I'm on my way home, be careful." She replied, understanding what I was asking for. I then thanked her and hung up.

I quickly sat down and wrote a note saying I was leaving. I explained why, and how I felt, I completely exposed myself, because after writing this the old me would've been dead. It was time to change. It was time to escape the clutches he was bounding me with.

I left  the note in his office drawer and went into my room. I changed and packed my clothes which were mostly dirty. I grabbed my bags and headed to the living room. I then took the phone out of my pocket and remembered it had a tracking device so I threw the phone to the ground and smashed it. 

I then walked out the door but I found John and some other men playing cards. I then rushed back in and closed the door. I had to think fast, I didn't now how much time I had. I went to my room and got out through the window. I ran out back and turned from around the house. I later found a cab and told them of Ivy's address.

I headed to the building she was in and went up to the apartment. I knocked on the door and then Ivy came to my view.

"Hey." I greeted her and she hugged me.

"I see you've come to your senses." She spoke walking over to the living room and I dropped my bags.

"I never lost them." I assured her.

"I'd say I helped her find them." I heard a voice say as Riddler came out with a towel in her hand.

"What are you doing here?" I looked up at him.

"I thought you were gonna call if you needed anything." He smiled.

"I might've lost the card." I admit.

"Well you're lucky I live right there." He said pointing out the fire escape to the window next to Ivy's.

After a few hours Riddler left and we chatted for a little while but then I started to worry.

"So, do are all villains neighbors?" I joked.

"No, that's not where he actually lives..It is one of his hideouts though..He came when I told him you were coming." She replied.

"Ivy what if he comes here? , what if he hurts you?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Oh darling, he knows better than to mess with me. You have nothing to worry about!" She said.

"Thank you Ivy, for everything really. You've been great to me." I thanked her.

"No probs sweetie. You are practically one of us now.. You know, in your own way."  She said.

Why does everyone keep saying that. But it did feel good to have someone there for a change.

"Besides, you were the only person who treated us like humans instead of circus freaks and lab rats back there. We really owe you." She continued referring to when she was my patient.  

"Come on, let me show you around." She spoke standing up and I followed her.

She showed me to the guest room after I reminded her that I've already seen the house. When we entered the room and I couldn't really cope with all the plants.

"Hey um Ivy , you think you could do something about all the plants." I asked and she smiled at me.

"Sure." She said as the plants withdrew.

After moving my stuff to the room. I changed to some sweatpants and went back outside.

"Here eat something." She said dragging some bread and ham and a bunch of other stuff. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You sure have a lot of meat for a vegetarian." I joked.

I had a sandwich and went to bed. Of course I couldn't actually sleep even after downing two sleeping pills. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay another update!

It was kind of a filler, so bare with me 

Hope you guys liked it

Don't forget to comment your thought and vote xxx

much love xxx