Fire

~Chapter 3~

It seems that this week sleep is my enemy. I dragged myself to the bathroom and took a shower. This week was just mentally draining and if that wasn't bad enough, I just have to wait a couple more hours. I got  dressed and headed to arkham.

I still had a couple of things to do before my appointment but hell, I never even looked at them once. I was too busy stressing. My anxiety always gets the best of me, but you have to believe me when I tell you I was never like that. Until from about 3 years ago.

I calmed myself down and started doing some paper work. I have moved some of Pamela's appointments to different days, trying my best to have the least appointments on the days I have The Joker. 

I looked over at the clock as it was almost one. I drank some water and grabbed my notepad and left. As I walked over to the hallway The Joker's cell was in, one of the guards gave me a key to his cuffs but advised me not to. I kept walking until I reached his cell. He was sitting there on the table looking around him. I entered the cell and he smirked.

" Good morning, Joker." I spoke.

" Well, good morning beautiful. It seems I'm at a disadvantage." He winked.

I sat at the chair in front of him, and I pulled out the keys from my pocket, and held them in my hands, " Now look I'll let you loose, if you control yourself. You think you can do that?" I spoke.

" I'll try to behave myself doll." He smirked and put his hands forward and I opened his cuffs.

" Okay that's a start." I said putting the cuffs away.

" You're nervous." He pointed out leaning forward. " Tell me sweetheart, do I make you uncomfortable?" He licked his lips.

" I'm not your sweetheart, now could you please stop?" I spoke.

"Stop what?" He raised an eyebrow. "Trying to get into my head!" I shouted.

He was slightly taken back. " Now what's your real name? Is there a name you prefer?" I asked.

" You already know it, but you could call me Jack, doll." He spoke.

"What about you? What do people call ya?" He moved closer.

"Well.. some call me Eva." I spoke.

" Okay, what about the scars? You know, under the oil paint?" I spoke.

He started laughing, " Oh darling, you wanna know how I got these scars?" He stood up and walked over to me and went down on his knees. 

"Now come here." With that he grabbed my face and a knife from under his sleeve. " Hey shh shh, so I had a beautiful wife, just like you, she tells me I worry too much, that I ought to smile more and one day they carve her face and we have no money for surgeries. She can't take it. I just want to see her smile again, hm? I just wanna let her know that I don't care about the scars. So.. I stick a razor in my mouth and do this.. to myself. And you know what?! She can't stand the sight of me! She leaves. Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling!" Then he started laughing hysterically and tried to put the knife in my mouth.

I then looked around for something to grab on but I didn't find anything. The guards are all the way across the hall. I then kicked him where it counts and he loosened his grip. 

I pushed him away and headed to open the door. " You have a little fire! I like that!" he shouted and started laughing hysterically.

I left his cell and went back the my desk, his laugh still ringing in my ears. I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't. I let him get to me. I couldn't stand being at work right now. So I grabbed my bag and left.

Sleep was one of my least problems at the moment. Joker was complex. We just have to get to what he's hiding under all that. Ugh I bet I didn't even take any notes! I grabbed my bag and looked for my notepad, but I couldn't find it. Just great I forgot my notepad in the clown's cell!

The next day I headed to the asylum determined not to give in to his manipulations. I grabbed a coffee and headed to his cell. I told one of the guards to open the door for me since I also couldn't find my ID card.

"Good morning doll, you forgot your little book the other day." He spoke.

"I know, and I'm also not willing to fight again." I sat down.

"You know this kept me from getting bored. You really are good at what you do." He laughed.

" Give it to me please, that's private." I took the notepad from him and opened it to a fresh page.

"You also left this. Do any of your friends call you angel?" He held my ID card, "this picture also doesn't do you right does it?" He smirked.

" That was 2 years ago let it go." I smiled, " and plus I don't have that much friends."

" You know doll, I thought you were weak, I was really impressed." He spoke.

" I had a couple kick boxing lessons." I admit.

"Anyway Joker, back to topic. What motivates you to do what you do I mean, what are your urges?" I ask.

" Everyone needs something to fear. Even I do. They need a force, out of the ordinary to give it to them, and I'm that unstoppable force." He spoke.

" I didn't quiet understand but-"

"You know angel, what really makes me curious is how you like Harvey so much. Word spreads fast you know." He cut me off.

"What? We're just friends?" I said.

"Relax sweetheart I'm not judging, just curious." He smirked and walked over to me.

He came in really close to my neck, " I wonder which side of him you prefer." He whispered in my ear and I shuddered.

" Go back to your seat Joker." I turned to face him. He was uncomfortably close, " Sure thing doll." He broke eye contact and went back to his chair. 

I gathered my ID and notes and left his cell.

"Until next time angel!" He shouted as I left. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! I was really sleepy so excuse my writing.

nxt chapter will be up tomorrow hopefully.

Also, having two fanfics im gonna have to dedicated a day for each one and sometimes i'll double update.

Hope you guys liked this chapter dont forget to comment and votexx

much love xx