Betrayal

~ Chapter 31 ~

 Later that night I rested on my side as Harley tried to talk to me like we used to but she had a whole new different thinking now. She went outside and I tried to sleep, but then Jack started shouting and there was a crash then she was shouting back. She actually sounded angry for once.

 When I woke up everything was quiet and Harley wasn't in bed. I looked at the clock next to me and there was a paper.

' Months of abuse took it's toll. I'm leaving, you know where to find me if you need anything, let him know I won't be coming back. - H '

I ran my fingers threw my hair and got out of bed. I went outside and Jack wasn't there, I knocked on his office door and it flew open.

"What?!" He snapped.

"I-I um Harley left.." I stuttered and his face softened when he saw it was me.

He stayed quiet for a few seconds, "good, she was annoying the shit out of me." He rasped.

After that I just stood there not knowing what to say.

"Well?" He spoke.

"Um sorry I didn't- I just thought I'd tell you." I said turning around before he grabbed my arm.

"It's fine, why are you so nervous?" He asked.

"No I- I'm not I just thought you were angry and I didn't want to push you."

"Don't sweat it sweetheart, I'm not angry." He said and let go of my arm and turned back to his office.

Everything felt strange today, it was like something bad was about to happen. I turned away and headed back to my room. I walked around and took a seat on the chair by the dresser.

I leaned my head back then I heard some sirens and cars pull up outside, and I went over to the window. It was about 4 police cars, men started coming out and Gordon lead them closer to the house. I froze until I heard the door bang open and Gordon announcing their arrival. I went outside and Jack was standing midway between the door and kitchen.

"GCPD! Joker you're under arrest for kidnapping Ms.Striker." He spoke.

"James I don't know if they already told you this, but it's not called kidnapping if someone's there on their own will." Jack spoke.

"Yeah, well the call we got from her says otherwise. It's okay Eva you're safe now." He replied as men came over and grabbed Jack. He looked over at me and his eyes were cold. I shook my head trying to explain to him that it was before I got to know him. But there was no use he looked away and clenched his jaw.

"Just one minute!" He spoke as he pushed away from the mens' hold on him before they grabbed him again.

"I'd like to have a word with..Ms. Striker." He almost spat my name.

"Not happening freak." One of the policemen said and Joker kicked the other one and went over to punch him on the ground, before he was pulled back and cuffed.

They took him out and Gordon came over to me, "what are you- where are you taking him?" I asked.

"Some police work then back to Arkham probably. It's fine you don't have to worry." He spoke.

"But I-I didn't want-" I tried to explain but he cut me off.

"It's okay sweetheart, we arranged everything for you, you could go back to your job." He put his hand on my back and guided me outside.

 I saw Joker being pushed into the back of a higher security police car. He wouldn't look at me. I was guided to Gordon's police car and he opened the passenger seat for me as I opened the back one. I looked up at him and he gave me a comforting smile. I close the door in my hand and went to the passenger's seat.

I felt so brain dead. I felt like dropping to the floor and crying but I couldn't show any of them. I hadn't thought of this happening. Everything was falling apart. I hadn't thought of things this way. The police rang the phone line before I had moved to Pamela's and I answered them. 

I cursed the person out not listening to what they were saying before hanging up and now they tracked the house down. God! why didn't I say anything?! I should've told them I was there by my own will! But they would've taken both of us?! No, they wouldn't have! They don't have evidence that the last crimes were all Jack's doing! I'm such an idiot!

My thoughts raced, and my heart beat was so fast that if you focused on my shirt you'd see me shaking. Gordon glanced over to me every now and then giving me really worried looks. I didn't move my gaze from the metal car infront of us.

I could see glimpses of Jack through the tiny bars on the top window. He was focused on something. He looked as if he was imagining my death. There was no doubt that he'd kill me on sight. His face held the definition of betrayal. The car infront of us took a right and we continued moving onto the bridge. I snapped my head at Gordon then at the car. 

"He's heading to Arkham, remember?" Gordon spoke and I looked at him before my face dropped.

"I'm driving you home don't worry, you won't be kidnapped again." He smiled and I looked up at him.

"You can start working tomorrow..or in a few weeks..whatever suits you just.. take your time." He spoke .

"I'm fine." I uttered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright!!

Sorry for the 10-day wait guys xx

Really sorry but I'm having my midterms and you have no idea how much pressure is on me right now.

I will be updating more and like my usual routine after 2 weeks x

I also did the cast. I was thinking Eva would look somethig like Adriana Lima..Share with me your thoughts on how she should look..

Hope you guys are having a great week xx

Don't forget to commentr your thoughts and vote xx

Much love xxx