Presistence

~ Chapter 22 ~

(Joker's POV)

"Hello Pamela.." I greeted her leaning closer to her by the door frame.

"What do you want?" She sneered.

"Oh don't need to get all feisty. I've just come to claim what's mine." I said.

"I know she's here, there's no use in lying." I told her.

"Did you see me try to?" She raised an eyebrow at me and I shrugged.

"She doesn't want you here Joker, you screwed up. She really cared." She sighed.

I looked at the room to the right and back at Pamela.

"I just need her to come with me." I whispered.

"Um no? She does not want you. What don't you understand?" She rephrased.

"Ugh look." She said putting her hand on my chest pushing my out and closing her door behind her.

"She's different, Joker. She's not like Harley, who also didn't deserve what you did to her. Eva is good. Too good for you. I'm sorry but you can't play her around like that. I won't let you." She said and her words struck me.

"Wait wait wait! WAIT! Pamela I- I love her. " I stuttered.

"Love is weakness. I know you Joker." She quoted me.

"No no no.. she's.. she's different Pamela you have to let me take her. She she belongs she belongs with me. I love her. I never loved Harley. And you! You know that." I admit.

" I can't give her to you, Joker. She's my friend, I have to respect her and you know that. If I were you I'd start thinking of another way to clean up the mess you just did." She said and she opened the door and went back inside. I froze in my place until she opened the door and stood back inside.

"You can't take her Joker." She said.

"Oh but I will. Maybe not right now. I'll be back Pamela." I spoke.

"I'm sure you will." I heard her say as I left.

(Eva's POV)

  I stopped listening when their voices faded away. I sighed and flopped down on the bed. I hated the way my heart picked up whenever he was near. I hated how hurt I felt. I heard Ivy tell him that he can't take me then he said he will and I heard him storm out.

 I walked back to the door and went outside. I walked over the the couch and Ivy looked at me.

"He's not giving up." She said and I sighed.

"I know." I continued walking.

"He told me he loves you." She said.

"I thought he did too, but he came clean to Batman." I said opening the window behind the couch.

"Thanks Ivy." I said going out the fire escape.

 I sat on a step and enjoyed the wind putting my face in my hands.  I sighed. Why is he so persistent? Hasn't he had enough? He was merciless.

"Someone looks down." I heard and I looked next to me and saw Riddler smiling at me from under his window pane.

"Hey Edward." I gave him a smile as he opened the window and stepped out to his fire escape.

He leaned over the pole trying to get closer. 

"You know I'd go next to you but I don't feel like jumping and landing on some sewage pipes." He said and I laughed.

"Hey, don't lose that smile." He said and I looked at him.

"You guys are being so good to me, and I'm just a hurt girl who's moping around." I said.

"I can't thank you enough." I continued.

"No problem. Don't sweat it Eva." He said before going back inside.

I sat for a while then went in.

"Ivy, do you have some aspirin?" I questioned her.

"No but there's a pharmacy around the corner." She shouted from her room.

"K I'm going." I said grabbing my bag and leaving.

I walked into the store and looked in the first aisle with all the pills. I felt movement beside me. I looked around but there was no one. I did see someone move along the aisles on the other side from me.  I moved to the next aisle and they still moved with me. I picked a box out of the shelf and it revealed Bruce. He smiled at me.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you're following me, Bruce." I said mimicking him from earlier. He laughed and we met in between the aisles.

"What? I'll have you know I came here for this" He said grabbing a box off the shelf.

I looked at the box and couldn't control my laughter, "Wow Bruce I'm sure your wife will be very pleased to know that you'll be the one to have the babies." I giggled and he looked so embarrassed when he found out he was holding some pregnancy tests.

"Haha very funny." He said smiling at me.

"Can't a citizen just normally visit his local pharmacy?" He walked after me as I found the aspirins.

"Well of course he can.. but you live on the other side of town." I giggled.

"Okay fine, you got me. I just wanted to see you, I finished my work for the day." He said as we stood in line at the cashier.

When it was my turn I handed the girl the painkillers and Bruce paid. She almost fainted when he put the money in her palm.

"So your plan is to follow me around paying for everything?" I asked.

"Pretty much." He smiled at me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! Another update!

Hope you guys like this one!

Don't forget to vote

Also comment your thoughts bellow x

hope y'all have a great day x

Much love xx