People Talk

~ Chapter 28 ~

 I rolled onto my side and rubbed my eyes open. I sat up slightly but I was hit by a strong headache. I groaned and looked to my side. Jack was awake. He was just looking at me with a blank expression. He was also dressed, face paint and everything. He stayed with me last night. I fell asleep as he was playing with my hair. I gave him a small smile and his face looked really tired. Did he even sleep?

"Hey." I spoke and he smiled at me.

"Did you get any sleep ? You look exhausted." 

"Yeah don't worry." He smiled again.

"I just wanted to stay until you were awake to tell you I was gonna be out for the day." He explained as he stood up.

"Oh okay, be careful." I said as he walked over to me.

"Don't worry doll." He spoke as he kissed my head and left.

(Joker's POV)

  I said goodbye to angel and headed into town. I was meeting up with Crane. I had some of my men take some of his new 'experiment' . He wasn't too happy about it but he said he has a deal for me. So, I was heading to the old bar in town to have a little chat with Craney. I got to the bar and sat on the high chairs. I looked around and it was more crowded than usual. 

"The usual Daniel." I said as I saw the bartender walk towards me.

"Well there's no way Batman is letting it slip, the old b*stard always has a plan." I heard the two men next to me chat and I listened to their conversation.

"Well it seems he's letting Joker and all the other scum loose." The other man spoke.

"I think the old clown is going soft." He replied chuckling and my ears perked.

"Why? Isn't Harley in Blackgate?" 

"Yeah but word says he has a new girl, been soft ever since. First Harley now this mystery girl, sounds to me like he can't stay alone for a week." With that I got up and walked in front of the man.

I got really close to his face jabbing my knife in his side before pulling him out the back door. I threw him to the ground and pulled the knife out of his side. I ran my fingers on the blood as he coughed. 

"Well well well, look what your big mouth got you into." I said walking over to him.

"I wasn't I-I did-didn't." He rambled and I cut him off.

"Oh I-I I! You what?!! To think an old man like you would know one of the simplest morals in life." 

"Talking about people isn't nice is it? Look what you got yourself into." I said crouching down next to him. He was looking at the ground shaking.

"Oh why are you scared? I've gone 'soft'." I spat mimicking him.

"I hope you remember your state right now in my presence, oh wait! You won't! " I laughed and ran my knife through the guys chest.

I closed the butterfly knife and turn away from the bleeding b*stard. Screw this. They think I've gone soft?! So I can't like anyone anymore?! I can't do this, I can't hurt Eva again. I can't treat her like I used to. We can stay like this..just away from the wandering eye.

I blew the Crane thing off and headed home. 

(Eva's POV)

 I was doodling away as I heard some banging in the garage. I moved the book away from my face and Jack come through the door. His expression was annoyed but it softened when he made eye contact with me.

"You alright?" I questioned him.

"What? Uh yes. Don't worry about me angel." He said and gave a small smile before taking off his jacket.

"W-what are you doing?" He walked over to me.

"I was just doodling." 

He craned his neck closer to the page and looked at me. "This is more than just doodling angel, this is art." He rasped his face towards mine.

"Well I- I don't know, it's nothing really just helps me think." I shrugged.

"It's beautiful." He said moving a strand of hair behind my ear. I rested my forehead on his and he gave me a kiss.

"I love you." He sighed and closed his eyes.

"I love you more." I said intertwining our fingers.

There was the sound of the door being unlocked and John came in as we both pulled our heads away. Jack sighed at John's nervous expression.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Well there might've been a mishap with the men and the weapons." He spoke.

"What happened?!" Joker stood up and walked over to John.

"Well I- I tried to stop them I swear to god! But you know they were fooling around and th-they found the knives a-and they started w-waving them around." He explained.

"Then what?!" 

"Reid's dead and Lewis is injured."

"You know Reid is one of my best men! I trusted you to control them! Why did you let them near the weapons shed?!" Jack shouted.

"I tried boss I swear! But they went in there anyway!" 

"Who started this?" He rasped.

"Lewis he was messing around with the other guys play fighting with the knives and Reid tried to stop him but he started to wave the knife near him and it ended up in his chest." John explained as the telephone started ringing.

Jack grunted and picked it up.

"What?!" He yelled into the phone.

"No listen Crane I don't have time for your bullsh*t okay! I have a problem right now." He grunted.

"Yes yes sure fine bite me!" He said as he slammed the phone.

"Just go and kill Lewis." Jack waved John away.

"B-but I-" John started but he was cut off.

"But but?!" Jack waved his head towards John.

"I couldn't care less what happens after this point as long as someone gets killed. Now get out." He dismissed John and sat down next to me as he closed the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helloooo

Okay guyss here's another update, sorry it's been a week.

There'll be 2 more these couple of days hopefully.

Thank you so much for reading.

Hope you like this chapter.

Don't forget to comment and vote xx

Much love xx