I know you care

~ Chapter 38 ~

 Jack backed me against the door and kissed me, holding my hands above my head , against the door. I was taken by shock before I kissed him back. We stayed there for few minutes before he pulled away and looked into my eyes, he was just an inch away.

"I love you." He whispered before putting his lips to mine again.

"I'm sorry if I was an ass to you, it's just that you scare me, I've never felt like this before, not with anyone. The last I remember of love is betrayal and bad experiences. " He spoke with a hint of hesitation in his eyes, probably because of the three words he just uttered.

Instead of saying anything I gave him another kiss, " I love you too." 

I had left him in the office for about 2 hours now. I couldn't sleep, I kept replaying our kiss in my head, it wasn't our first but it was definitely the most passionate one yet. A few hours later of not sleeping and thinking the door was carefully opened and Jack came in.

"I can't sleep." He spoke.

"Me neither." I replied.

He came over and sat next to me on the bed. We stayed silent for a few seconds before he spoke up.

"Angel, I'm sorry if I ever hurt you, you don't deserve to be treated the way I treated you." 

"It's fine shockingly I've seen worse..you know emotionally." I answered.

"How many times were you in love before?" He asked.

"Just once." I said.

"What happened?" He asked and I heard the hesitation in his voice.

"He was my first love, I loved him since we were kids, then we went to different universities but I met him again at Arkham, back when he was just an intern." I sighed.

"You know when you love someone with all you have and all you get is empty promises, I gave him everything I had and I never felt like we were official, he'd promise me and then go to another girl then come back and swear he'd never do that again, I gave him many chances, I was very patient with him. Perhaps too patient, we later got engaged but right before the engagement party I heard him talking to my best friend, telling her the real reason he agreed to marry me, all he wanted was money and a higher position at Arkham since my dad was good with Jeremiah back in the day." I said as Jack watched me with caring eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with his crap." He spoke.

"It wasn't your fault, I was too naive." I spoke.

Jack then took me in his arms and we laid there until we eventually fell asleep. I woke up and looked around and Jack wasn't there. I scratched my head before getting up and walking outside. As soon as I opened the door I was met my Riddler's face chatting with Jack on the couch and when I stepped out they both turned to me. 

"Eva! Finally!" Enigma spoke.

"I thought I'd drop by and give you a visit after your little call yesterday." He continued.

"Hey Enigma." I grinned at him.

I looked over at Jack who had his face paint on and he smirked at me and I raised an eyebrow at him before grinning. I sat down next to them as Riddler explained what they were talking about.

"So after finishing what you asked for yesterday, I thought I'd do a little research and ended up hacking into a specific billionaire, Mr. Bruce Wayne's personal computer and I found a copy of a certificate for a jewel he has. If we could get our hands on that jewel we could power a freeze gun just like the one Victor Fries uses." He spoke.

"There is no way I'm in on this, Bruce is one of my only friends I can't rob his house. " I spoke.

"And you won't, I know you're a 'good girl' Eva don't worry." Riddler spoke.

"And what do I get from helping you, I mean I don't want a freeze gun." Jack shrugged.

"The diamond is huge, we could split it and you could do whatever with it." He explained.

At first Jack looked as if he was about to refuse then his eyes widened as if he just got an idea.

"Alright, so how do you plan to get us in and out." Jack asked and Enigma started explaining before they both went into the office to look at the blue prints.

——————————————————

Hey guys xx

Hope you liked this chapter x

Unfortunately wifi is getting cut off tomorrow BUT it'll be back by Wednesday or Thursday maximum.

Stay tuned next chapter is gonna be really interesting!

It's the last one before the sequel!! Can't believe it!

You guys are awesome!

Don't forget to comment and vote x

Hope you all have a great day x

Much love xxx