Volume 7, Chapter 11 - "The Last Hour"

(No one's P.o.V)

Silver, the colour believed to be a mirror to the soul; a symbolisation of hope, kindness, and tenderness. That day, it would manifest itself in the Red Reaper herself, Ruby Rose, in her last-ditch attempt to save (Y/N) from Spectre. She had already seen two friends die in front of her, she wasn't going to let it happen a third time. The silver Aura that gently embraced her tender body coated her in a blanket of strength that made her seem like a demigoddess of virtue to any of the witnesses that had seen her activate her silver eyes - even though she was standing, it almost seemed as if she was hovering from looking at her light-footed, floaty stance. However, one should not be deceived by this graceful, angel-like appearance, for what boiled underneath was an unforgiving demon of anger and rage, and it was ready to attack the one that had awakened it: Spectre. Ruby kept a steady hold on Crescent Rose as she held it behind her back, simply watching as Spectre noticed what had happened, resulting in him smirking and crossing his arms in amusement, while everyone else was standing starstruck.

Spectre: "Heh. Nothing I can't handle."

Ruby: "Quick! Get (Y/N) someplace safe!"

Nobody moved, they were all as still as statues. They were too shocked to even speak! Soon, Ruby's tone became desperate as she began to feel (Y/N)'s Aura fade away.

Ruby: "Please!"

Ruby managed to snap her friends out of their trances with that last plea. Before the others even moved, Ryan, Christine and Brady grabbed (Y/N) and began to carry him away from the battle; (Y/N) groaned as he slipped in and out of consciousness, only catching a glimpse of the glowing Huntress who had saved them before darkness consumed him again. Then, Ruby motioned for the others to leave as well; she didn't want to see them get caught in the crossfire.

Blake: "Let's get out of here."

(BF/N): "What? And miss this?! Not on your life!"

Vanessa: "Yep. He's lost his mind."

Just then, both Ruby and Spectre's Auras began to grow more intense. The collage of delicate silver and sinister black contrasted perfectly with each other, representing the age-long battle between the darkness and the light flawlessly. Even though Spectre was at a considerable disadvantage because his Grimm Monarch form was vulnerable to the silver eyes, he wasn't concerned at all, rather he just crossed his arms and chuckled.

Ruby: "What's so funny?"

Spectre: "So, you've finally figured it out. The silver eyes; a Grimm's poison, if I recall. But, if you actually believe that alone will be enough to defeat me, then you are more naive than I thought."

All of a sudden, Ruby disappeared into a swirl of red roses inside a trail of silver wind and kicked Spectre straight in the gut, catching him off guard and sending him flying!

Spectre: "URGH!!!!"

Everyone was in shock from how faster Ruby had become with her silver eyes active; she must have been at least ten times faster than she was before! Her follow-up by swinging her scythe as fast as she could around her body turned Crescent Rose into a saw blade, mercilessly sawing away at Spectre's body and Aura as she forced him away at great speeds! It soon became clear that Spectre's dismissal of the power of the silver eyes against Grimm Monarchs was a grave mistake. Ruby's final swing sent Spectre a thousand feet into the air in just a second, and Ruby zoomed up to meet him just as quickly; she slashed back and forth in a star pattern before knocking him to the ground with her feet! However, Spectre realised he had underestimated her, and regained his composure while falling, landing on the ground on his feet, cracking the earth on impact! Then, he lifted his head.