Volume 9, Chapter 1 - "Welcome to Amnesty"

(BF/N BF/LN's P.o.V)

It was our first day at Amnesty Academy, and my first day as the leader of Team Scarlet. I almost couldn't believe my luck! I assume that (Y/N) felt the exact same way that I did when he was assigned his team. I was so excited that I could barely sit still on the bench in the plaza where Ebon, Sonic, Topaz and I all met the day after the Inauguration Ceremony. Every student had been given Scrolls as an encrypted academy phone to use both for casual and emergency use; it gave us direct contact with any of the students or staff. I'm not sure where they got these Scrolls from but everyone knew they must have been stolen from somewhere. My teammates - man, saying that made me feel buzzy inside - and I had been given our uniforms the night before: red jackets adorned with gold-padded shoulders and our Class' emblem and our personal emblems on the right shoulder, a white shirt, black trousers, black shoes, and finally, either a cloak or a short cape in whatever colour we wanted. I chose a short black cape because I thought it looked really good with the red, Sonic chose a short cyan cape because that's his favourite colour (I still had to get him some Sonic merch to let him know why all the Earthlings are laughing at him and to take the piss out of him even more, after all, that's what friends do), Ebon had chosen a black cloak, once again going with the colour aesthetic, and Topaz had chosen a simple brown cloak - although, that choice came more from his anxiety than his fashion sense. I realised I would need to help the poor guy break out of his shell at some point. Can't say I blamed him, though. Anyway, this day was sort of an 'introduction day' for the students, just to get a taste of what life at Amnesty Academy was going to be like; introducing the curriculum, showing students around the campus, introducing the 'Class' system, etc. Speaking of...

(BF/N): "Guys, how will we know who's in Class Maiden? 'Cause I can't remember who was placed in which Class."

Sonic: "Haven't got a clue."

I then noticed Ace walking past, his uniform being a white jacket, a black undershirt, black trousers and black shoes, decorated with a short white cape. He also had a deck box on his belt to hold his weapon, King of Hearts. I liked the fact that I was not the only one using playing cards as his weapon.

(BF/N): "Excuse me? Ace? Are you in Class Maiden?"

He smirked at me in amusement and looked at his uniform.

Ace: "Hm, let's see. White jacket, black undershirt, masquerade mask emblem; I don't think so."

(BF/N): "Ah, I get it now! That's why the four of us are in red."

Ace: "Don't tell me you've only just figured that out."

(BF/N): "So what?! Ever think I'm colourblind?!"

Ace: "No, actually, I didn't. Are you colourblind?"

(BF/N): "Ha-ha! No, but I could've been. Anyway, see you 'round the dorms."

Ace: "I highly doubt that; your dorm's over there."

(BF/N): "Where?"

I looked to where Ace was pointing and saw a massive collection of dormitory buildings with a main plaza in the centre. Each of these buildings had red-bricked roofs.

Ace: "The Class Maiden dormitories are the buildings with the red roofs."

(BF/N): "Thanks, appreciate it."

Ace: "Later, Maidens."

With that, Ace left for the Class Masquerade dormitories and I gathered up Ebon, Sonic and Topaz to leave for our dorm. Once we got inside, we found our room: number sixty-nine. Very funny, (Y/N). Hilarious. I unlocked the door with my new Scroll and we all stepped inside. There were four beds with red covers decorated with orange medieval trims; they were stood against the far wall with the long window. There were also four desks, one for each of us, against the wall closest to the door, a bookshelf on the left wall, a small, vintage television on a coffee table in the middle of the room, a wardrobe to store our clothes and weapons, and finally, there was a door on the right side of the room which led to the bathroom. I was in awe of the place where we were going to be staying for the next four years.