Volume 6, Chapter 10 - "Knowledge Is Power"

(No one's P.o.V)

Two days had passed since the Royal Palace Hotel job; (Y/N) had, to put it lightly, given (BF/N), Tom, Vanessa, Alex and Dick a strict talking-to, especially (BF/N) for getting them into that mess in the first place. In the end, they had woken up, slightly thick heads, they made up, everyone's mates again and they decided to put it in the past as long as the trainees would be a bit more careful. However, even though Teams RWBY and JNR had met up with (Y/N), there were still three more Remnantians that had not been accounted for and they took to looking after themselves. On the night of the second day, a woman with jet black hair, part of it draped over her scarred, left eye, and amber eyes, who was wearing - considering that all her clothes were of Earth origin - a simple black top with a black leather jacket over it and a golden necklace with a circle of amber hanging from it around her neck; black skinny jeans and black shoes with short heels lightly tapped her cigarette, sprinkling its embers upon the ground as the smoke drifted from its tip. She was stood under a lone, dim streetlamp, waiting for two people. Then, as she was taking another puff from the smoking cigarette, another girl stepped out of the darkness into the light of the streetlamp wearing a green crop top, covered by a brown, fringe jacket; beige shorts; and black shoes.

Emerald: "Well?"

The woman in the black, leather jacket exhaled, releasing all the smoke she had in her mouth before replying.

Cinder: "Well what?"

Emerald: "What do you think?"

Emerald then threw her arms to her sides to show herself off to Cinder, who took a quick glance at her before returning her gaze to the shrouded horizon.

Cinder: "Not bad."

Emerald: "Thanks..."

Emerald's sarcastic tone went right over Cinder's head as another person stepped in wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt under a grey waistcoat; black, fingerless gloves; and grey, suit trousers coupled with a pair of black boots to cover up Talaria underneath it all. But, most notably, he was wearing a large sombrero and fake moustache that looked as if it came straight out of a fancy dress set. Cinder sighed when she saw him.

Cinder: "Mercury, what are you wearing?"

Mercury: "You said "look inconspicuous"."

Cinder: "Take it off."

Rather hesitantly, Mercury took those ridiculous things off, looking around the place for passersby as he did so.

Mercury: "But, if people see who we are, what are they going to think?"

Emerald: "Tell them you had an accident!"

Mercury: "Like what?"

Emerald: "Tell them you, uh, took your convertible to an automated polisher and forgot to get out. Where did you even get that thing?"

Mercury: "Joke store about a few blocks from here."

Cinder: "Care to explain why you're both so late?"

Emerald: "U-Um, well, I had some trouble."

Cinder: "What kind of trouble?"

Emerald: "Well-"

Cinder: "Actually, it's not important; at least you made an effort to get here. And, as for you, Mercury, where have you been?"

Mercury: "Once I was out of that joke store, I got lost. I've been up and down and all around this town trying to find you two. I couldn't find any signs, it was pitch-black on those streets."