Volume 2, Chapter 4 - "Scientific Discovery"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I kept my promise to assist Yang in her interrogation of Junior at the club, I was asking the questions that didn't seem to fit into the purpose of the interrogation at first but you can't have too much information. Junior set his glass down as he stared at Yang across the bar.

Junior: "I don't know!"

Yang: "How can you not know?"

Junior: "I haven't talked to him! I haven't even seen him since the night you first came in here. He paid up front, I lent him my men, and none of them ever. Came. Back."

Neptune: "So where did they go?"

Junior: "... What kind of a stupid question is that? They never came back! Who is this guy?"

She then pushed Neptune out of the way with just a single hand, leaving him to straighten himself out as I sighed.

Yang: "Don't worry about him; worry about me if I don't find out what I want!"

I saw that the tension between those two was about to burst. We didn't want Junior to be uncooperative so I stepped in to let the two of them cool off a bit.

(Y/N): "Whoa! Hold up a minute, guys. Let's all calm down here. Yang, you don't always have to threaten someone in order to get information out of them. Let me give it a try."

Yang: *sigh* "Okay then, if you think you can do better."

(Y/N): "Wait here."

I rushed outside to the Tachyon and took out my notepad and a ballpoint pen from my backpack that I had hidden in the boot of the car. I came back inside and switched seats with Yang so that I could question Junior directly, I also wrote down as many key points as I could pick out from what he told me for future reference.

(Y/N): "Hello, Junior. I don't think we've been properly introduced yet. I'm known as the Phantom of Beacon Academy."

Christine: *cough* "Made it up."

(Y/N): "I'm just gonna ask you some simple questions."

Junior: "You think playing the good cop is gonna magically create some bit of information for you to grab? Well, it doesn't. I've already told you everything! Torchwick hired my boys, and I guess he wasn't happy with them, which is something I can relate to!"

(Y/N): "No, no, no, no. I'm not interested in what happened after Torchwick came in here. I'm interested in what happened before and during."

Junior: "Hmm... okay then, 'Phantom'. I'll play along, for now. What do you wanna know?"

(Y/N): "Before Roman arrived here, what happened exactly?"

Junior: "Not much. Business couldn't have been better though, almost every seat was full, people were drinking and dancing. The dance floor was just a sea of people."

(Y/N): "Not lying so far, that's good. Here's my next question. What exactly did Roman do when he came in?"

Junior: "He didn't say or do much when he arrived, he walked to the bar, lit a cigar, bought a drink and then we started to talk."

(Y/N): "What exactly did he say?"

Junior: "He told me that he wished to hire my boys. I asked for the money, cash on delivery, but he told me that he would give 'cash upon liking'. So, I suppose he didn't like them because I'm now out of pocket because of him."

(Y/N): "Did he give any details about his intention?"

Junior: "No, all he did was place his order and told me where to send them."