Volume 6, Chapter 1 - "Caught Red-Handed"

(No one's P.o.V)

In Remnant, on top of the highest peak in the continent of Solitas, Mount Corvus, there stood a single man on a flat clearing overlooking the entirety of Remnant; only the Kingdom of Atlas could be seen with the human eye, though. This man was dressed in a pitch-black, sharp-tipped, damaged cloak, a black, tattered shirt with white trims and a tarnished emblem on the left arm, black gloves, black suit trousers and black leather shoes with gold buckles on the straps. He also wore a black masquerade mask over his face that resembled the beak of a crow or raven. On top of that mountain, he stood alone, par from the odd crow, raven or blackbird that fluttered beside him and then flew away a few seconds later. He stood alone, as he always had from the moment he arrived there, waiting for the right moment to leave, but even in these dark times, he saw it not the right moment to part from the snowy peak. He then produced the Relic of Choice from his cloak. He stared at it for a moment before returning it to his cloak because he heard something in the wind. Just then, footsteps were heard, someone was climbing the mountain. The man did not turn around, he did not have to because he already knew who that person was.

Glynda: "Blackbird."

Blackbird: "You returned."

Glynda: "It's getting desperate. We cannot hope to contain the strife in the four Kingdoms much longer. The Sovereign Assembly has already acquired three of the Relics and now, they'll be coming after you."

Blackbird: "The four Relics are not tools of war."

Glynda: "Is it time for the Ghosts of Remnant to return?"

Instead of answering her directly with a quick "yes" or "no", the Blackbird simply stared out upon the land of Remnant and answered her in a different way, letting a single strand of his black Aura dance around his body in a slow, relaxing ribbon of dark light. Just feeling a segment of his Aura made Glynda feel uncomfortable, as it always did with anyone who felt it.

Blackbird: "Heroes must be chosen."

Meanwhile...

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I was sat by the fountain in the town square, watching over the arrest of five criminals who I had just stopped from executing a narcotics trade as the Phantom. Once I had dealt with them, as I always did, I left them for the police to deal with afterwards, drinking a Coca Cola as I watched. Their jobs were certainly made a lot easier once I had started putting my special skills to good use. It did mean I was out a lot and I had to make up some stories to tell my parents since I still hadn't told them about my powers at that time but Team RWBY, they knew the score. As I overlooked the arrest from afar, I accidentally listened in on the conversation of two bystanders; one of them was a man who I did not recognise but by judging from his formal business attire, one of which similar to the other man's, I assumed that he was the assistant of the other man, who I recognised as a local lawyer known as a Mr Andrew James and let's just say that he wasn't the most open-minded fellow in the world. He paced across the square as his assistant kept slowing down to look over his shoulder towards the arrest in progress.

Andrew: "Hurry up, Conner. No need to gawk over that lot, we'll probably be seeing them soon anyway. Now, come on! I have to be at the courthouse by two-thirty."

Conner: "Say, do you think it was him who did that?"

Andrew: "Who?"

Conner: "Why, the Phantom, of course."

Andrew: "Oh, please don't start that again."

Conner: "Why? You don't have anything against the man, do you?"