Volume 3, Chapter 10 - "Ignorance Is Bliss"

(No one's P.o.V)

(Y/N) had to rest for the rest of the day once he was back at Beacon Academy. After (Y/N)'s Aura had regenerated and he had recovered completely from his recent crusade into the Emerald Forest, he was called up to Ozpin's office, much to his distress because he knew that Ozpin told him not to fiddle with the mark on his hand but he did it anyway. He found himself taking deep breaths as the elevator rose up through Beacon Tower. However, when the elevator doors opened, he found no one inside the office.

(Y/N): "Um... hello?"

(Y/N) walked up to the desk, looking around the room for any sign of the professor. Once he was at the desk, he decided to sit in Ozpin's chair, smiling as he relaxed into it.

(Y/N): "Ah, yes. This is definitely me. Why don't we have chairs like this? Hm?"

He then noticed a small microphone on the desk, he smirked as he started to speak into it, not thinking it did anything.

(Y/N): "Testing. Testing. One-two. My fellow Huntsmen and Huntresses, ask yourselves this: not what your comrades can do for you, but what have you done for me lately?! I have a dream. A song to sing."

Leaning back on the chair, (Y/N) took the microphone off its stand and started to sing into it as a rockstar would.

(Y/N): "Mama, take this badge from me. I can't use it anymore. It's getting dark, too dark to see. Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door. Knock-knock-knockin' on heaven's door."

Little did he know that the microphone was wirelessly connected to the school's speakerphone system so everyone in the academy heard this coming out of the speakers that were strategically placed around the campus.

(Y/N): "KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOOORRRRR!!!"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

(Y/N): "EH, YEAH!!!"

Suddenly, the elevator doors opened and Professor Ozpin and Qrow came into the room, causing me to abruptly halt my performance and put the microphone back onto its stand. Afterwards, I got out of the chair and stood up straight as they entered the office.

Qrow: "Enjoying yourself?"

(Y/N): "Yes, thank you. I was just looking for the coffee beans."

Qrow: "Riiight..."

I sat back down on a different chair as Professor Ozpin went to his seat while Qrow leant on the window behind it. I wasn't exactly looking forward to this, especially now after they caught me singing into the microphone. Professor Ozpin was silent as if he was waiting for me to say something.

(Y/N): "I'm in trouble, aren't I?"

Once I had asked that question, Professor Ozpin sighed. Whereas, Qrow was smirking for some reason. The professor then leaned forward and leant on his desk a little as he replied.

Ozpin: "Didn't I specifically tell you not to mess around with that mark on your hand? I asked you not to but you took no notice and directly disobeyed me. (Y/N), it's dangerous to trifle with the unknown. That's why I asked you to leave that mark alone, I didn't want to see you get hurt. You put yourself in mortal danger going into the Emerald Forest by yourself, I hope you understand that."

(Y/N): "I know... I'm sorry, Professor Ozpin. But, at least I now know how to make my Semblance work. All I've gotta do is activate it, think of which Semblance I want to copy and bingo! Suddenly, I can run at electric speeds, generate clones of myself, create glyphs out of nothing. You name it, I can probably do it."