Volume 4, Chapter 1 - "Where Do We Go From Here?"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Morale was pretty low for a few weeks after the Fall of Beacon. Christine and Brady had decided to go back to their own families for it a little while whilst I was staying with Ryan and his family. We had been separated for nearly seven months, although we still kept in touch with each other whenever we could via video calls. Ruby had already left for Haven with Jaune, Nora and Ren. There were two reasons why we didn't go at the same time as them. Firstly, we weren't able to get the team together and secondly I wasn't sure what was the right thing to do at that moment in time. I didn't know what to do next. I found myself devising plans of action in my bedroom before scrunching them up and throwing them in the bin. While Ryan wasted his time away screwing about and attacking me, I decided to use my time wisely by training and building myself a new weapon. I figured I would need another blade for the most likely event in which I had to face Spectre again; the second blade would help combat Spectre's twin swords. With the aid of the Ravenwoods, I had managed to scrape together the materials I needed about two weeks after the Fall of Beacon, problem was, not being too tech-savvy, it took me seven months to build the damn thing! During the first five months, I had to ask Ruby to give me a hand; I thought that she'd know how to put the thing together because she had designed Crescent Rose herself. Eventually, I finished it. I had taken my pistol and converted it into a sword/pistol hybrid, taking inspiration from Ezra's lightsaber from Star Wars Rebels. It was technically the same thing, except no laser sword. Using a similar mechanism to Requiem's once I had fitted it with its Retraction Mod, I succeeded in making the moderately-sized blade retractable. When it wasn't activated, the blade retracts itself into four pieces and is stored in the grip of the pistol. An alternative ammo container was needed to allow this to work, of course. Instead of being loaded into the grip, powered and small solid Dust crystals are loaded into the barrel of the pistol via a small chamber on the back of the slide, similar to a glue gun. After a quick test of its shooting capabilities, all I had left to do was name it.

(Y/N): "Right... now, my sword is called Requiem... and my theme is anything dark so... hmm... OH! Rebellion! Yeah! Requiem and Rebellion... actually, I think I've heard that before somewhere. Can't remember though. Ah, it probably doesn't matter."

Just then, I heard a weird sound. It sounded like someone breathing heavily and quickly. I started looking for the source but I couldn't find it, I even started breathing in time with the sound to check it wasn't me. Then, I felt something pass by my feet. When my eyes trailed to the floor, I saw that someone was cutting a hole in the floor beneath my feet with a saw! Suddenly, the floorboards gave way and I fell through the hole! Soon enough, I realised that Ryan was the creep with the saw because he fell off his ladder when I came down, each of us falling into pools of paint from the renovations going on in the room below mine.

(Y/N): "RYAN, COME HERE!!!"

As I was chasing Ryan around the room, I heard Francine talking to Sable outside, who had just come back from a mission.

Sable: "And, are you sure it's still safe to reside within? No offence to any of them but I know what this family is like."

Francine: "Trust me, Sable, I've got everything under control. Everything's normal around here."

Of all times, Ryan chose that moment to burst out of the door, screaming his head off while covered in white paint. I continued to chase after him, covered in blue paint, kicking away a can of paint that I had stepped in.

Sable: "Yep. Perfectly normal."

I chased him back up to my room, in which he was waiting to ambush me!

Ryan: "SAAAAIIIIIIIII!!!!"

I sidestepped out of the way of his punch just in time, grabbing hold of his arm and swinging him over my arm! However, after doing a backwards roll, he got back on his feet. He was standing in front of my bed so I charged at him, pushing both of us onto the bed, which in turn caused the bed to collapse! Just then, the phone started to ring. It was Ryan's cue.