Volume 5, Chapter 1 - "Readjusting"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

It had been six months since I had finally managed to return home and I couldn't be happier; no more fighting, no more death, no more destruction. I had decided to sever all the ties I had to Remnant once I realised that I couldn't forget about it, no matter how hard I tried, so I took down all my RWBY posters, figurines, bags, shirts, DVDs and everything I could find relating to it, tied them up in a bin liner bag, and shoved the bag into the back of my wardrobe, whereas, I put my mask, Dust crystals, grappling hooks and my Scroll, along with Requiem and Rebellion, into a long case and placed them gently beside my boots. Finally, I hung up my coat and with that, the deed was done.

(Y/N): "So long, Phantom of Beacon Academy."

However, the one thing that I couldn't hide away was the emblem mark that I had on my hand so I took to wearing a single black fingerless glove on my left hand to cover it up. My attire now consisted of my usual casual clothing; a (F/C) jacket with a (2nd Colour) undershirt, blue jeans and black shoes. Then, I got a text on my phone from (BF/N) asking if he could meet me at the park, I replied "Yes" and I left the house after saying goodbye to my mum and dad. The sun was shining brightly that one summer's day, illuminating the land in a heavenly and pleasurable golden glow. I arrived at the park near the centre of (H/N) in about a quarter of an hour and when I got there, I saw (BF/N) playing Magic: The Gathering with one of his other friends.

[A/N]: BTW, I do not know how to play MTG so this next bit of dialogue is only going by common sense and may not be how the game works. If any of you MTG players are reading this, I am sorry in advance. :P

(BF/N): "Next, I'll play Ghitu Journeymage and since I control another Wizard, Wizard of Passion, you take two damage. Then, I cast Sadistic Flames, dealing you four damage for game."

???: "Ah, come on!"

I smiled and walked over to the table they were playing on, looking over the cards on it as I spoke.

(Y/N): "You told me you gave up this game, (BF/N)."

(BF/N): "Well, I got back into it eventually."

(Y/N): "Still using the same old strategies as well."

(BF/N): "I like my Fire Wizard burn deck! I spent a long time on this! Besides, you're one to talk. When I tried to teach you this game, you thought Lands were playing pieces!"

(Y/N): "I got it mixed up with something else."

???: "Sorry to interrupt but aren't you going to introduce me?"

(BF/N): "Sorry, mate. (Y/N), this is my friend and Magic sparring partner, Thomas Rowland. Tom, this is my friend, (Y/N) (L/N)."

We both shook hands after (BF/N) had introduced us. Thomas was a chestnut-haired teenage boy with hazel eyes. He wore a white polo shirt and simple blue trousers, along with beige sports trainers. When we made eye contact, he started eying me curiously and when he spoke, I noticed that he had a relatively thick Londoner accent.

Tom: "Hey, haven't I seen you someplace before?"

(Y/N): "Don't know. We've never met before, I don't think. Ah, perhaps you've seen me in the papers or on the local news?"

Tom: "Wait... aren't you... that boy who... disappeared last year?"

(Y/N): "Yep, that's me."

Tom: "You seem... quite... calm about it."

(Y/N): "How is that relevant?"

Tom: "Well, I sort of expected you to be a bit more... nervous or jumpy... if it was mentioned."