Volume 8, Chapter 10 - "Inauguration Day"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

While the last group of students, of course including my students, were making their way down to the new extraction point I had Robin give to them, Ryan, Christine, Brady, Cinder, Mercury, Emerald and I were doing our best to hold a defensive position at the Vale harbour. By the time I had sent Robin away with the message, the I.I.D had discovered that we had trespassed into Vale and had moved in to intercept us. To sum it up, we had the sea to the back of us, Imperials to the front of us and most likely Huntsmen if we were to go left or right. We were rather pinned against a wall than holding a defensive line. Whilst we were deflecting the blaster bolts coming our way from the Imperial soldiers and the Huntsmen teams, I noticed that (BF/N) and the others had escaped from the Forever Fall forest and were now making their way towards us. They stopped for a while and stared at us in awe.

Topaz: "H-How do they react that fast?"

But then, the Imperial forces noticed them behind them and the back row turned to fire on them! I was not going to let them kill my students and my friends! I activated my Semblance and burst past them in a twister of white rose petals, reappearing just as one of the members of a Huntsman team was about to slash at (BF/N) with his sword! I instantly kicked him away and motioned for the others to keep going. However, they were still faced with the massive army in front of them. But then, (BF/N) had an idea.

(BF/N): "Sonic! Roll forwards at full speed!"

Sonic: "Are you crazy?!"

(BF/N): "Just trust me!"

Sonic: "Oh, sh*t!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I glimpsed that Blur kid thrust himself forward at lightning speed whilst rolling forward. I smirked a little in amusement at the boy screaming in terror as he blitzed through the soldiers in the blink of an eye! When he finally crashed onto the harbour and stopped moving, he pulled himself up and looked at his bladed shoes in wonder.

Sonic: "Wow!"

Dick: "That kid is gonna get bullied for sure."

(BF/N): "Ha! Look who's talking!"

Dick: "Oh, for crying out loud, how many more times do I have to say sorry?"

(BF/N): "Uh, once would be nice."

Vanessa: "Boys, save ourselves first, argue later."

This is exactly what I wanted to happen. It meant that the Imperials were now focused on not letting those on the harbour escape, leaving me to deal with the various Huntsmen teams that had gathered around me. No witnesses.

(Y/N): "I'll give you one chance. Let us go or die."

Huntsman Leader: "Fat chance, you filthy Defect! First, we're gonna take you down. Then, we're gonna slaughter the rest of your kind that you brought with you."

I could feel a heavily dark Aura from these Huntsmen and Huntresses. It was obvious that they had been corrupted by hatred. Pity, they would have made great allies. With a heavy heart, I extended my blades and nonchalantly stared at the horizon.

(Y/N): "Have it your way then."

They all rushed me, about twelve of them in total. I jumped above them as high as I could and slashed down one Huntress' back from above! Making sure to pick the group apart, I took on each Huntsman and Huntress there one by one, sometimes two at a time with Rebellion. Even though I was outnumbered, I was a much more experienced fighter than they were, despite the age difference. Their anger clouded their judgement, which I took full advantage of, parrying their strikes and sending them off balance for a swift slash across the chest or a deadly stab in the heart or neck! I blocked one weapon's attack behind me by throwing Requiem over my head and then quickly pulling it back in front of me to block another strike. No matter what they tried, they could not keep up with me. Soon enough, I had broken most of their Auras but that did not seem to incent them into running away; they were planning to fight to the death. Oh, well, I suppose it was a war, I knew situations like this would come sooner or later. Unlike my old allies, I was no longer afraid to deal a fatal blow. Blood spilt on my blades as I cut down the enemy. By now, they were only started to realise just who they were dealing with but it was too late. They were trying to hurt my students, and more importantly my friends. I subconsciously blocked out the screams of death as I slashed my blades through eleven of the twelve bodies. All that was left of the group was the first team's leader. He wasted no time in rushing in to attack me after seeing his allies get slaughtered in front of his eyes. His screams were screams of rage and his anger empowered his strength as our blades collided. I struggled to push against him with Requiem and Rebellion.