Volume 7, Chapter 8 - "Back to Remnant"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I must have fallen unconscious. When I awoke, I was falling. Falling fast. Falling from the sky! While I was tumbling towards the ground, I looked up and realised that I had been thrown out of the Dimension Storm! I managed to twist my body around in the air but I did not have any time to break my fall because I was mere inches from the ground! I ended up crashing face-first onto a massive highway, bouncing along it as I scraped across the tarmac!

(Y/N): "Ow, ow, ow! Ow, ow!"

I ended up banging my head on the far right barrier of the highway once my body had finally come to a painful stop. I was dazed, too dazed to realise that the Dimension Storm had blown away! I immediately shot up and tried to run back to the storm, even resorting to jumping for it, but it got away before I could reach it and I flopped back onto the highway! I banged my fists on the road in frustration.

(Y/N): "NO!!!"

My outburst would have continued if it were not for the sight that awaited me once I looked upon the horizon. The highway was completely deserted, no surprise there considering that a massive inter-dimensional storm had just blown through. But, what made me freeze in surprise was what was in front of it. I was standing over a city. I could see the square from my spot. I glanced upon its small park that was surrounded by traditionally-styled buildings, the area decorated with grass and trees and in the middle was a raised platform purposed for gatherings and announcements. The materials that made up this city were all too familiar to me in terms of styling. But, I could not believe my eyes once I saw a large tower overlooking this city. I paused, mouth agape and my eyes watering a little.

(Y/N): "I don't believe it. Vale..."

My attention then focused upon the tall tower in the distance. Even though I was such a long way away, I knew what the building attached to it looked like. It was a part of some sort of magic school - a castle/school hybrid - that was raised upon a large cliff-face and had a great river running through some parts of it. I felt a tear leave my left eye and run down my cheek.

(Y/N): "Is that... Beacon Academy?"

I could not believe what I was seeing! It was here, it was standing, it was back. It's all there. What used to be a tragic wasteland of brutal savagery and broken dreams was now a peaceful city that trained up aspiring warriors and peace protectors again, not a trace of evidence that once portrayed it as a damned settlement full of death and destruction left.

(Y/N): "He rebuilt it."

I almost stepped forward towards Beacon but then, I remembered that Remnant was now under Spectre's rule and so even though it was likely that some of my old classmates and teachers would be there, I doubted that I would be very welcome. For all I knew, Spectre had told everyone I was a threat. My eyes returned to the highway and landed upon a sign above me.

(Y/N): "Sovereign Highway?" Now, what will that asshole think of next?"

It turns out that this highway connected all four Kingdoms of Remnant for easy travel between them. However, this information was mostly irrelevant to me. I looked back up to the sky and noticed that the crack in the sky had not closed. I could see my home planet and the battle on the other side of the wormhole. People were panicking, I could see that all of Vale's citizens had gathered in the city square, looking up in confusion and wonderment at the fractured sky. I soon realised that since the Dimension Storm was gone, there was nothing I could do and so I sighed and sat down on the edge of the highway. All I did from that point on was wait. I waited for something to happen, drawing a crudely-drawn version of myself sticking Requiem and Rebellion through a crudely-drawn Spectre's body. Just then, I heard a faint buzzing noise but it was getting louder. I lifted my head to see a tiny white drone, no bigger than the size of a ping-pong ball, with a short aerial on its head, a red eye and some writing on its side in red letters, along with a LED display below that.