Volume 1, Chapter 7 - "Truth"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I was sat in silence in front of my teammates, shame running through my body. Christine had demanded that I tell them the truth but... I couldn't, I just didn't have the heart to tell them. An awkward silence filled the room for a few minutes as I sat speechless but then Christine kicked a chair across the room, frightening me in the process!

Christine: "You gonna sit there in silence like a lost child?! Speak!!!"

(Y/N): "O-o-o... Okay... I'll explain everything. Now prepare yourselves because you're all in for a nasty shock."

Meanwhile...

(Roman Torchwick's P.o.V)

As I stood looking over the map of Vale, my patience was growing thinner with every second I was on the phone! I was discussing some details about the upcoming Dust robberies but my associates were giving me so many excuses that I almost couldn't count how many there were.

Roman: "Listen, you! I don't care if it takes all week, nor do I care if it takes all our firepower to accomplish it! This robbery is happening whether you like it or not!"

Henchman: "I understand, Sir. Also, the White Fang want to know when you'll be addressing them."

Roman: "We've been over this, during the recruitment rally! Go and tell those animals that I'll be there and, for God's sake, don't screw it up or I'll come over there and give your sister something to hang her towels on!"

I hung up the phone at that moments and facepalmed myself from frustration. It was then that I heard a voice behind me.

???: "Useless, aren't they?"

I swiftly turned around and saw a teenage boy, no more than sixteen or seventeen, dressed in a black hoodie, black pants, black shoes and a black frowning theatrical mask.

Roman: "Who are you supposed to be?"

???: "Roman Torchwick, I presume?"

Roman: "You presume correctly but this is private property so I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

I clicked my fingers and five of my henchmen stood around the man with their swords drawn, ready to fight. The man just chuckled and spoke with no fear in his voice.

???: "I highly recommend you don't do this."

I scoffed at this remark and turned around before saying one more thing to my henchmen.

Roman: "Kill him."

After that, all I heard were five bloodcurdling screams! I spun around and the walls were painted in blood while the mangled bodies of my fallen henchmen were scattered across the floor! The shock made me stumble backwards and I felt like I was about to throw up. The man looked at me and wiped a drop of blood from his mask.

???: "I warned you."

Roman: "What the hell do you want?!"

???: "Maybe we can discuss this like adults?"

Roman: "Very well, how can I help you?"

???: "Actually, it's me who's here to help you, Mr. Torchwick."

(Y/N's P.o.V)

After my explanation, my team were sat beside me in silence. That was the expected reaction really, it's not everyday that you learn that your home turns out to be just an Internet show. They took it pretty well, although we were sat in silence for about a quarter of a hour. I could feel the tension rising in the room so I took a deep breath and spoke calmly to them.