Volume 1, Chapter 8 - "Forever Frightful"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I regained my consciousness with a groan and a draining feeling of weakness. I had an appalling headache and I almost couldn't move. I tried to pull myself back together but I couldn't bring myself back around, the other three were in the same situation I was in.

(Y/N): "Oh God... what happened to me?"

Ryan: "Ugh... This feels like the time I was initiated into the Stupid Morons Society at Sanctum. I misread the rules of an assignment and pushed a whole apple into my ear."

Christine: "Permission to die...?"

(Y/N): "Granted. Also, guys? Is it just me or is that cockroach shuffling too loudly?!"

Ryan: "It's just a hangover, dude. Don't panic."

(Y/N): "What day is it?"

Brady: "Friday..."

(Y/N): "F-Friday? W-Weren't we supposed to be doing something today?"

Christine: "OH CRAP!!!"

Ryan: "Kris, not so louuud!"

Christine: "It's our field trip to Forever Fall today!"

(Y/N): "It's wha-? Oh no..."

We all then scrambled up, dressing into clean clothes and grabbing our gear as fast as we could. As I was about to leave the room however, I felt as if I was gonna be sick! I dashed towards the bathroom and... well... I was sick.

(Y/N): "Oh God... I feel terrible..."

Ryan: "Just don't think about it, it's a mind thing."

(Y/N): "Y-You guys go on ahead... go without me... tell them I'm ill."

Brady: "Are you sure about that, little buddy?"

(Y/N): "Y-Yes... go on ahead. Enjoy yourselves, take some pics for me to see when you get back. Also, this is very important, do NOT tell Yang! The hyperactive blonde is the last person I wanna see right now."

Ryan: "Haha! Fair enough, if that's what you want. Just... be careful, man."

(Y/N): "D-Don't worry about me... I-I'll be fine."

I heard the door close, signalling that they had left, and... let's just say that the next few minutes weren't the most pleasant."

(Y/N): "Christ... I'm never drinking again..."

A little while later, I watched from my window as the ship left for Forever Fall. It wasn't the best feeling, knowing that I had missed out, but at least I could have some time to myself. However, I couldn't really enjoy myself because that little change in the timeline was still bugging me. Why was I so concerned about it? I mean, it wasn't a big change. In order to take my mind off it, I started drawing in my notepad. Then, my head lit up with an idea of how to upgrade my sword! I quickly noted it down but, as I was going to put it away, someone pushed a letter under the door! I opened the door but there was no one there. I opened the envelope and began to read.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again, my friend. I'm sure you can guess who's writing to you right now. Sorry for not using our Scrolls to contact you but the damn things are monitored by the powers that be, you can't be too careful. I just wanted to give you a warning. Stay out of our business, it's for your own good. Sayonara.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I threw the letter across the room when I realised who the writer was!