Volume 11, Chapter 8 - Into the Multiverse - Part 1

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Hi! You're probably wondering why I'm falling through a fifth-dimensional cross-rip in the space-time continuum, passing by a whirlwind of possible timelines and worlds. Well, that's because I fell into the Dimension Storm during a duel.

Spectre: "This dimension or the next, you are going to perish, Phantom!!!"

Oh, yeah, he's here too. Even though we were falling to Gods knew where, Spectre didn't see it as a reason not to continue the fight. As we fell through the multiverse, I had to keep clear of all the incoming magical blasts, Dust bullets and slashes from his blades! But then, all of a sudden, the horizon in front of us seemed to split like paper and through it, I could see the skyline of New York City!

(Y/N): "Oh, that's a hole. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I fell out of the Dimension Storm and began plummeting hundreds of feet to the ground! I tried to activate my Semblance to save myself but it didn't work! One look at my mask's HUD told me that my Aura reserves had run out!

(Y/N): "Oh, come on! Not now! Why does this have to be the way the Phantom dies?! A flat pile of flesh on the sidewalk! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Just as I had lost hope, however, a shape suddenly scooped me up from the air and landed on a nearby flat rooftop! I stayed still, lying down in shock, trying to process what had just happened.

???: "Are you insane?! What did you go and do that for?!"

I looked up and saw a pair of black boots and black trousers standing before me.

???: "And, what's with the costume?!"

(Y/N): "Costume?"

I looked up a little more and saw a young woman with (H/C) hair dressed in a white tailcoat and a distinctively shaped mask standing in front of me. It was... it was...

Female (Y/N): "Don't tell me. You're a fan and a cosplayer, aren't you? Ugh! If I had a penny for every time I had to save some crazy whatshername, jumping off buildings and getting into fights, pretending to be me, I'd have enough to retire."

I couldn't believe my eyes, not even when I saw Requiem and Rebellion on her belt and her Semblance mark on her left hand.

(Y/N): "Y-You're... you're..."

Female (Y/N): "The Phantom. Yes, I am the only Earthling in the world who dresses like this."

(Y/N): "Y-You're... me with boobs."

Female (Y/N): "Such a gentleman! And, I thought chivalry was dead! Look, kid, I appreciate the fans but I don't like them jumping off buildings trying to score just five seconds with me. You're lucky I was passing through, otherwise, you'd be dead right now."

(Y/N): "No! Please, you've got to listen to me! I'm you, and you're me- I mean, you're me and I'm- I mean, I'm you from an alternate universe!"

Female (Y/N): "Sure, you are."

(Y/N): "No, I'm being serious! I'm in a really dangerous situation and I need your help."

Female (Y/N): "I think the help you need is a little more of the professional variety."

(Y/N): "I'm not crazy!"

Female (Y/N): "Yet you're dressing up like the Phantom, jumping off buildings-"

(Y/N): "I am the Phantom! I can shoot energy beams from my hands, I'm an expert swordsman! I use my powers the same way you do! I save people all the time!"

Female (Y/N): "You? Haha! That's cute, you're a cute one. And, funny too. But, you're not a Huntsman, pal, and I'm not your damsel in distress. Heh. I don't think I could face being saved by a boy."