Volume 7, Chapter 4 - "Coastal Catastrophe"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

It was a hot summer's day, and when I say hot, I mean hot. It was so hot that you would think that your shoes would start melting away as soon as they touched the ground. Depending on the time you're reading this, a day like that one might be impossible to imagine. But, no matter what, you could not begin to imagine what it was like to be in an unairconditioned office, high up in the sky with windows located just five metres from the surface of the sun. It was so hot. I was writing down some notes into the Grimm Codex, which I had renamed "Grimmology", after James I's "Demonology" - I couldn't come up with a better name. Actually, fun fact, Grimmology was a field of study in Remnant. It's true, you could even get PhDs in it. Think of it as being a monster biologist. Tom and Vanessa were gone, possibly gone down the market to try and sell Gods know what to the unfortunate passersby. Cinder had been training (BF/N) at a rate that gave me cause for concern. Meanwhile, the rest of us - me, Teams RWBY, JNR, Emerald, Mercury, Alex and Dick - were melting away in the office. Just then, (BF/N) came through the door and collapsed onto the floor, panting like a dog in the hope that he could catch whatever pockets of air he had left in his system.

Mercury: "Good grief! She's half-killed you! Hang on, no girl's that good!"

(BF/N): "Very funny."

(Y/N): "Is she pushing you too far, (BF/N)?"

(BF/N): "No, no! It's fine, you don't have to say anything. It's just... with the stress and this heat... I pleaded to take a break. Luckily, I pulled on her heartstrings and she said yes. I swear that woman can walk right through an active volcano and still have enough puff to run the entire planet!"

Alex: "If she wants you to do that, then I'm not surprised you came back early."

(BF/N): "I came back early 'cause I'm knackered. I haven't got any cold boxes full of ice-cold colas and lagers to keep me going. In fact, the only wind that I got was from when Cinder kept having to blow out my flames."

Emerald: "Aww, poor baby."

(BF/N): "Shut it."

None of us said anything after that. An hour passed before Cinder finally made her appearance. She strolled in with a cold box in her hand, which was filled to the brim with ice cubes and bottles of drink. However, instead of offering one to us, she simply took a chair, sat by the window, cracked open a chilled bottle of gin and took a sip whilst staring out into the distance. Our eyes were like firey daggers as we watched the selfish woman hogging all the cold drinks for herself. Soon enough, she noticed that we were staring at her.

Cinder: "What?"

We gave no reply. Eventually, she figured out why we were staring and with a groan, she pushed the cold box over to the middle of the room with her foot. We all instantly scrambled for a cold drink. The feeling when that blissful liquid touched my lips, I would go so far as to say it was almost orgasmic! Once we finished our drinks, the looks of euphoria on our faces were certainly a sight to behold. About thirty minutes later, we heard this loud banging coming up the stairs and in the blink of an eye, Tom and Vanessa burst through the door, their clothes drenched in sweat and their faces red with adrenaline and exhaustion!

Jaune: "You guys alright?"

Tom: "Alright? Alright! No, I am not bloody alright!!! In the past half hour, I've been chased down the high street, past the hospital and through the park by a police officer, and I was also hunted down an alleyway by a pack of rabid dogs, and it's all this stupid bitch's fault!!!"

Ren: "Now, now, now. Calm down, everyone. Calm down. Now, what happened?"

Tom: "What happened? I'll tell you what happened. Vanessa and I were down the high street, I was selling some top-of-the-range digital alarm clocks, come straight from Japan, that go off whenever they bloody-well like! Meanwhile, Brain-of-Britain over here was on lookout duty but she failed to inform me of the police officer that was about two feet away!"