Volume 2, Chapter 7 - "Dance the Night Away"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Ryan: "So, what do you think I should go for? Traditional or raven-feathered?"

Ryan was asking me which outfit he should wear to the dance, it was almost about to start after all. In one hand, he held a regular black tuxedo with a white undershirt but, in the other hand, he held a suit jacket decorated with white raven feathers and a big, white, pop-art raven on the back, along with a white polo shirt that had the same pattern on the collar. If I'm honest, he would've looked ridiculous in either but I had to pretend that one was better than the other and recommend one to him. He was a friend, after all.

(Y/N): "You know what? Why don't you take this chance to express yourself? Raven-feathered."

Ryan: "You sure?"

(Y/N): "Yep."

Ryan: "Okay, if you say so."

Brady: "So, Ryan, have you got a date for the dance?"

Brady was wearing a simple, traditional, black tuxedo with a white undershirt, along with black trousers but he still had those same heavy sandals on his feet instead of some normal shoes.

Ryan: "Nope. I thought I'd just pick up the first free girl I see."

(Y/N): *sigh* "You never learn."

Ryan: "Nope."

There was silence in the room for a while since we were waiting for Christine to get herself ready. However, she had been in the bathroom for a long time and, to be honest, we were starting to worry.

Ryan: "Kris, you okay in there?"

Then, the door opened and Christine stepped out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a long dressing gown. She was putting pressure on her waist and she had the strongest emotions of pain and discomfort on her face that I had ever seen before. When she spoke, she spoke in whispers and her words' syllables were all extremely sharp.

Christine: "G-Guys... help..."

Ryan: "What's up, Kris?"

Christine: "R-Ryan, do you remember those new experimental self-fitting... clothing you smuggled in for me?"

Ryan: "Oh, the 'one-size-fits-all' undies?"

Christine: *blushes* "Y-Yes."

Ryan: "What about them?"

Christine: "They've gone too far. T-They've gotten so tight that I can't get them off!"

Ryan: "Oh."

Christine: "Oh, it feels like I'm being garroted! Oh God, I mustn't sneeze, I'll be sliced in three!"

Ryan: "Okay, I'll get the pepper and the camera then."

Christine: "RYAN RAVENWOOD, THIS IS NO LAUGHING MATTER!!! Oh God, I can't shout! I almost ingested myself then! I'm serious, Ryan, you've gotta help me get them off! I'll pass out in the corridor!"

Ryan: "You what? Um... oh, alright. Let's have a look then."

Christine: "O-Okay, but you must promise that you will never speak of this again and erase this moment from your memory!"

Ryan: "I promise."

Then, to the blushing faces of the two of them, she undid the knot on her dressing gown and reluctantly revealed herself to Ryan and only Ryan. Guess she only trusted him for that kind of problem. I could tell that he wasn't too keen on seeing one of his oldest friends' body but, once his eyes wandered onto her, his expression turned to a confused one and he started looking in closer.