Volume 3, Chapter 13 - "When It Falls"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Spectre had run into one of the many transport ships docked at the landing pads. Leaving Beacon Academy behind me, I ran after him and boarded the ship. Once I was inside, the door hatch suddenly slammed shut behind me and I could hear the sound of the engines firing up! After a short rumbling, the ship took off and glided into the sea of Nevermores and Griffons! As I was running through the ship's interior to try and catch Spectre, it appeared that we had gone quite high up, higher than I had ever been before. I wasn't even this high up when I was launched into the Emerald Forest during my Initiation! After kicking a door down to get into the middle of the ship, I saw Spectre leaning against the hatch, waiting for me. However, there was something off about him. I wasn't getting the same frightening vibe I got from him during our last encounter. Instead, I felt slightly nervous but I also felt as if I was being toyed with. Only one person made me feel this way.

(Y/N): "You're not Spectre."

The fake shook his head as a reply and just then, his body started to change colour and shape. I saw the same familiar colour scheme of white, pink and brown as the smirking assassin deactivated her Semblance and reverted back to her original form.

(Y/N): "Neo, I should've known it was you."

Next, a screen to my left turned on and after a short moment of static, I saw Roman appear on the screen.

Roman: "Hey, freak! Long-time no see!"

(Y/N): "Torchwick!"

Roman: "If I were you, I wouldn't try anticipating what's gonna happen now! We know all about your future sight so my masked comrade has decided that we should... step up our game!"

(Y/N): "From the higher concentration of Grimm outside, I could've guessed that without your help. Tell me something I don't know."

Roman: "Hmm... something you don't know, huh? Ooo! I know! You're about to die, there's something you don't know! See those canisters by your feet?"

I looked down to the floor and saw about ten canisters full of red crystals in a glass container that was built into the floor of the ship!

Roman: "Those little things are chock-full to the brim with fire Dust! There's enough inside to blow up a city! And, don't worry, those aren't the only canisters on the ship."

(Y/N): "You set me up..."

Roman: "The Phantom of Beacon Academy fell tonight. He died falling out of the sky in a ball of fire!"

(Y/N): "You may have lured me into your trap but you're forgetting one important factor that you forgot to overlook, Torchwick! I can easily just jump out of the ship and avoid the explosion."

Roman: "I'm not a beginner to this business, kid! Neo, open the box."

Neo then nodded and walked over to a large container, something was growling inside! She opened it and suddenly, some sort of crocodile Grimm launched itself at me, pinning me to the floor! I had to hold its mouth open to prevent it from harming me! While I was fighting off the Crocodile Grimm, Neo grabbed the only parachute left on the ship and opened the ship's hatch!

Roman: "Ha-ha-ha! Sorry, kid, but Neo's gotta fly. Do her a favour though and... feed Snappy."

(Y/N): "Neo... don't you dare!"

She completely ignored me and stuck her tongue at me before waving and jumping out of the soon-to-be exploding ship, leaving me inside with the Crocodile Grimm! I saw Neo activate the parachute before I noticed that the Dust crystals below me were powering up!