Volume 7, Chapter 1 - "Unstable Alliance"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

Working seven days a week was starting to take its toll on me; I couldn't stay awake, I struggled to concentrate and I was becoming sluggish in everything I did. I had to rest and everyone around me had noticed. They had been telling me to take a break but I couldn't, I had to be on call all the time. I was afraid of what would happen if I wasn't around to make sure things did not go wrong. Eventually, though, it soon became too much for me to handle, I wanted to stop and rest, and (BF/N) convinced me to take the weekend off and let them take care of things. Normally, I wouldn't even consider it but I had to rest so I accepted their offer. Luckily, that weekend was particularly quiet in terms of Grimm activity. For the first day, I did nothing apart from sleep and play video games; it kind of reminded me of the days when I used to be a normal high-school kid. I spent the second day rummaging through my drawers, looking for anything and nothing. Eventually, I came across some pieces and cards from the classic version of a tabletop game I used to play. And, when I came down with them to take a proper look at them, Ruby jumped at the chance to play the game because she was bored, which meant that I had to teach her how to play. It went reasonably well with Ruby hanging off my every word that we managed to have a proper game.

(Y/N): "Okay, I'm on three-hundred plus one-ten, which equals four-hundred and ten. What about you?"

Ruby: "R-Right, uh, hang on! Uh... let's see. Two-eighty plus one-twenty, but I get that twice from the card's text, so that's plus two-forty, which makes..."

(Y/N): "Five-twenty."

Ruby: "Really? Wow!"

(Y/N): "I don't have any response, you win that battle."

Yang: "What are you guys playing?"

(Y/N): "Bakugan, the classic version."

Yang: "What?"

(Y/N): "It's an old game I used to play when I was younger, I just found some of the pieces and Ruby said she wanted to play."

Ruby: "Once you get past the math, it's actually pretty fun."

Yang: "Can I watch?"

(Y/N): "Sure. Sit yourself down."

At the moment, Ruby and I were equally tied at two Gate Cards each, we both just needed one more. Ruby had just defeated my Darkus Mantris with a combo with her Haos Terrowclaw and her Terrorclaw character Gate Card. The last Gate Card on the field was mine and it was now Ruby's roll. Although, I think her style of playing Remnant: The Game crosses over to any other game she's playing because she always goes over the top; she even made me put on the game's OST on YouTube. However, after she shouts like the characters in the Anime, she has to do this tiny little roll, which was absolutely adorable and hilarious to watch; it's genuinely difficult not to at least snigger. She picked up her last Bakugan.

Ruby: "Okay, here goes! You're going down! BAKUGAN BRAWL!!!"

Just as she was about to lob it across the room, she froze, placed it down, and flicked the white sphere to make it roll across the table, making a small "pew" sound as she did so. Yang and I were both trying not to laugh as we watched the small white ball roll towards the last card.

Ruby: "Haos Siege, stand!"

Ruby's timing was spot on. As soon as she gave the command, the white and yellow Siege's magnet hit the card and transformed into its standing form. Her Siege was standing at a G-Power of three-fifty, it was her strongest one, however, through skilful strategic Gate Card placement and throwing a few rounds, I still had all my Ability Cards to play.

Ruby: "Come on, gimme your best shot."

(Y/N): "Okay, but first, I'll use this. Combo Battle. Now, if my next roll initiates a battle, we both take one other Bakugan, doesn't matter whether we've used it or not, and place it into the battle alongside our other two. Then, the scores are added together."