Volume 8, Chapter 1 - "Home Sweet Home"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I suppose it was too good to be true. A peaceful life on Earth away from the insanity of Remnant. One thing that I have learnt from being sent to the intensive care unit of the hospital so many times is that you get a lot of time to yourself to think about the mistakes you made that placed you in that bed in the first place. I wasn't awake for most of the time I was in the hospital, I was constantly falling in and out of consciousness as my Aura tried desperately to repair my body, much to the surprise of the doctors operating on me once my bones began to put themselves back together and my wounds began to close on their own. Why can't anything go right for me? Gods, events like these were utterly disheartening and depressing. Whenever I tried to fix anything or help someone, I always somehow found a way to make it worse! I was cursed! That was it! I was cursed! Cursed with an aura of catastrophe. All I wanted to do was lie there in my bed and fade away into nothingness so that I may forget that any of this ever happened, but my body decided otherwise. Instead, I was left to wallow in my own misery at yet another failure as I drifted around my subconscious dream world, blissfully unaware of what was going on around me as the beeping of the heart monitor became quieter and quieter.

(No one's P.o.V)

(Y/N) was lying asleep in his hospital bed, dressed in a blue hospital gown with an IV drip in his arm and an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth, which increased the volume of his breathing as he slept. Even though he was unaware they were there, Ryan, Christine and Brady were sat by the side of his bed like always, just watching over him for as much time as they could. Tooth was curled up in a ball on his chest, hoping that his father would awake and cuddle with him as they would usually do. However, he never awoke; he just slept, waiting for his Aura to completely heal his body. Just then, (BF/N) came through the door with plasters over the cuts on his face and arms - he was, as Yang would say, plastered in them - and the larger cut on his chest bandaged up. Although, no one could see that because he was dressed in his normal clothes since he was being discharged that day. (Y/N) wasn't the only one who had gone to the hospital, all their parents insisted that they get themselves checked out once they came home covered in blood and cuts, especially Tom's and Vanessa's parents since Vanessa had been shot in the shoulder, but can you blame them? Before he left, (BF/N) felt that he had to go see (Y/N); he was the one out of all of them who was in the worst condition.

(BF/N): "How is he?"

Brady: "He's fine. He may be in a tough spot but his Aura will help him regenerate."

(BF/N): "Good. Man, that fight was intense."

Ryan: "Hehe. You should've been there during the Battle of Beacon. That was intense."

(BF/N): "God, I knew he went through some awful things, but I never realised how bad they were. I mean, he wrote about it but... man..."

Ryan: "Ah, it's one of those things you have to be there to completely understand it. Still, it didn't stop us, did it? And, neither will this."

Christine: "Speaking of battles, you took quite a hit there, you alright?"

(BF/N): "Who, me? Yeah, I'm good. Just a few scratches."

Christine: "You're a tough kid, and so are all those others for defeating Azure's Division and taking on the Sovereign Assembly. (BF/N), right?"

(BF/N): "Yep. That's my name, and duelling's my game. Although, it didn't seem like much of a game to that guy... at all."

Christine: "It's not, they have a different agenda."

(BF/N): "Who were those guys, anyway? What's the Sovereign Assembly?"

Christine: "It's Spectre's council that he established when he took over Remnant."