Volume 4, Chapter 5 - "Friends Close, Enemies Closer"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

On our travels through Anima, we came across many strange and wonderous places but nothing could've prepared us for this.

Brady: "Whoa... guys, look at that."

(Y/N): "Wow..."

Out in the middle of nowhere, in a forest in an uncharted region of Anima, was the remnants of what used to be a large stone abbey. It was immense in size! And, its stained glass windows depicted Huntsman fighting the creatures of Grimm. Curious as to what its history was, we agreed to stop for a while and take a look around inside. It turns out that the abbey was actually a massive library! Bookshelves about the size of two of us were crammed into the space of the main hall and they were filled with old and tattered books, no doubt from ancient times. Nobody was inside; the place looked as if it hadn't been graced with the presence of intelligent life for aeons upon aeons. Spider's webs stretched far across the room, which made Ryan really nervous, and the wood on the bookshelves, tables and chairs had all been left to rot away.

(Y/N): "I wonder what this place has seen during its time..."

We wandered off on our own little ways, exploring as much of this place as we could. I didn't recognise any of the book titles as I was browsing through them; I thought it best not to pull them off the shelves in case I damaged them in any way. The rows of the bookshelves seemed to go on forever with no end in sight.

Christine: "Whoa... look how far this one goes..."

(Y/N): "This place is a little... over creepy."

Christine: "Look who's talking."

(Y/N): "Thanks. Hey, Christine?"

Christine: "What's up?"

(Y/N): "There's something I've been meaning to ask you. Being different isn't always a good thing on my planet, you normally get criticised for it. That's how I expected things to go when we were first attending Beacon but people loved my 'Phantom' persona."

Christine: "You going somewhere with this?"

(Y/N): "I was just wondering, why were people so accepting of it? 'Cause, that certainly would not have happened if I was back on Earth."

Christine: "You Earthlings sound like assholes. Hehe. Anyway, it was probably the fact that you were different that people loved you."

Brady: "Remember the speech given before we went to Mountain Glenn? The people of Remnant encourage unity through diversity."

Ryan: "You were listening to that speech?"

Christine: "The thing is, the sort of get-up you had hadn't been done before."

(Y/N): "Why not?"

Christine: "People weren't exactly into all the dark topics and stories because they mostly generated negative emotions, which, of course, bring the Grimm. People had always associated the paranormal with evil and then you came along and... completely flipped the paradigm. No one had seen anything like it before; a trainee Huntsman with a side of darkness in him fighting for the side of good."

(Y/N): "Hmm... you know?"

Christine: "What?"

(Y/N): "I've only been living in Remnant for a couple of years or so now but the ironic thing is, I think I fit in more here than I ever did back home. Hmm... it's strange."

Christine: "Perhaps, that's because you're a strange guy."

(Y/N): "Ha-ha! Maybe."

Ryan: "Hey, guys! Come here, look what I've found."