36

Note: I'm sorry if I have any typos~

Paige.

"Come again?"

Mrs. Kline said in a confused tone while eyeing Blake and I. "Puppy? Are you guys close or something?"

"No that's not what you heard, I'm not... we're not." I successfully got my hand out of Blake's grip. "We're not acquainted." I saw Blake arch his brow maintaining his amused face.

"Anyhow, may I ask what school did you graduate from?" Mrs. Kline asked before crossing her arms.

They all looked at me waiting for me to answer. "Oh I uh." I faked a laugh. "I graduated from somewhere around here."

I saw Stella frown through my peripheral vision. "And what school is that?" Mrs. Kline asked unsatisfied from what I said. Blake turned to me with his arms crossed like his big sister waiting for me to answer.

I sighed in my head. "I came from Eres. Although it was soft, I swear I heard Blake's chuckle.

"Oh." Mrs. Kline's brows went up. "What a great coincidence, Blake I and Blake also studied there." She smiled. I faked a smile. How did the topic come to this?

After our short talk, Mrs. Kline led us to a private dining room in the building to discuss my contract. All the enthusiasm and excitement that I had when I entered the building faded away when Blake came into the picture.

We sat at the table, Stella sat beside me and across us were Mrs. Kline, and her husband. Blake sat on the other side of Mrs. Kline across me.

How on earth did I end up having dinner with Blake?! To make matters worse, he's even sitting across me.

"I heard Ashley is one of the highest rising models in the industry." Mrs. Kline commented.

"Yes, she started modeling as a part time and a summer job back when she was still a teenager but even so, she's a natural at it." Stella praised me.

I kept quiet since I honestly had nothing to say. I kept my head down to avoid Blake's gaze, I've no idea if he's looking at me or not but to avoid eye contact, it's best if I kept my head down. I'd only lift my head to smile at Mrs. Kline whenever she'd look at me from time to time while we waited for our food to be served.

When waiters entered the room, the smell of the food made my stomach instantly grumble. A waiter placed a plate in front of me making my mouth water, I haven't had any lunch earlier that day making me extra hungry.

I was about to reach for my fork when Stella stopped my hand. "I'm sorry but she can't have any pork," She said to the waiter. "She's on a diet, my apologies." Stella said.

"Oh, we're sorry, we've forgotten that we're dining with a model." Mrs. Kline apologized and asked the waiter to take my plate and to give me salad instead. I hid my sigh while I watched the pork ribs being taken away from me.

Another waiter placed a salad dish in front of me. "Thank you." I smiled at the waiter and I thanked the Klines as well successfully ignoring Blake's gaze.

"Do you only eat salad Ashley?" Mr. Kline asked.

"Most of the time Sir."

"Isn't it hard to not eat what you want?" Mr. Kline wondered.

"No it's fine." I smiled. "I actually learned to really love salad." I took a bite from my leafy vegetables and smiled.

Blake suddenly let out a soft laugh. "Is there something funny Blake?" His sister asked with her brow raised.