10

Paige

I looked around at the other students, they were all minding their own business.

I checked the medicines, there was a sachet for fever, another one was for cough and colds. It might be another trap.I sat down and placed the bag of medicines in my bag. I've no plan on taking them any way.

Khrysie's eyes followed my bag. I'm sure she knew something. I listened to the class and afterwards left for the cafeteria. Many students started whispering when I entered the cafeteria with Aicko and Shari.

I got a healthy meal and ate it while I studied for my quiz on the next period. I suddenly felt thirsty.

I stood up and went straight to one of the cafeteria's vending machines. I got a can of soda. I know it really isn't good for my health but after 3 days of drinking nothing but water and medicine. I needed a break.

I opened the can and moved it to the opening of my mouth. Suddenly someone took it away from my hand before my lips could even touch the lid.

"You can't have this." Blake brought the soda to his mouth and drank it.

I frowned. "Why?!"

He finished the soda and threw it to the trash can on the side of the vending machine. "Coz I said so." He walked away leaving me glaring at him.

"Jerk." I whispered to myself.

I went back to my seat and found a bottle of water on my my side of the table beside my food tray.

"Who's this?" I turned to Aicko and Shari who were both busy reading and writing.

They looked at the bottle. "Isn't it yours?"

"No, it isn't." I shook my head and took a seat.

"Well we don't know."

I looked at it, it seemed clean. But I knew better than to drink from it, I learned my lesson not to leave my guard down.

I ignored it and brought my attention to my schoolwork.

I suddenly heard some girls from the other table gossiping.

"Did you hear that Blake Carlisle got detention?" one of them said.

"Yeah, my brother said that he saw him mopping the floors in the library."

My eyes widened at the news. But I kept silent, I wanted to be the one to make him feel sorry, I didn't want our problems to reach the office.

After break we headed back to our classes. I had Anthropology. I walked in the room and spotted Blake in his seat, he locked eyes with me as always. Why does he love doing that?I looked away and shifted my stare to Kile, to my surprise he was also looking at me, He immediately looked away when I caught him staring.

I walked to my seat, ignoring Blake's eyes on me. I opened my bag and brought out my Anthropology book. He suddenly moved his chair closer to me and whispered in my ear.

"Did you drink the water?"

So it was him who left the water bottle on our lunch table. I knew it.

I turned my head to him. "I don't know what you're talking about." I lied.

He then leaned closer to me and reached his arm into my bag and pulled out the water bottle that I've kept from a while ago. Shit I knew I should've just thrown it.