14

{Don't forget to comment your opinions and vote;)}

Paige.

"Bennet!" Coach yelled from outside.

"Keep your eyes on the finish line." Blake gently pushed me towards the door. "Go."

There are a lot of thing going on inside my mind. I walked towards the door. Sunshine kissed my face the second I stepped into the open.

"And from The Eres Academy, Paige Bennet!" The emcee announced. Many cheered as I walked towards the track lane.

There were 5 other girls waiting for me, they were all taller than me. I gulped. One of them that wore a red jersey with the word Beltane written on the front. She must be the fastest.

"You're new aren't you?" A girl in a green jersey raised her eyebrow.

I gave her a smile. Coach is the referee. He called us to position in our lanes. On my right is a girl in a yellow jersey that read Angeles Angels and on my left is the one from Beltane.

Although everyone's screaming I could somehow hear Aicko's high pitch cheers. I turned to her and Shari. They look so energetic. I chuckled.

I could do this, I could do this. I reminded myself.

The referee started. "On your mark!"

We kneeled one knee to the ground.

"Get set."

I bent upward.

I could feel my heart hammering out of my chest.

"Go!"

I made a run for it. The second I sped off, the screaming and cheers became muffled and I suddenly couldn't hear anything. I found myself side by side with 3 other players. I looked down at my feet. "Shit!" I almost tripped on a stone. I can't loose, the school's pride depends on me.

My limbs felt weak, my body wanted to crash. I want to give up but my head says otherwise. I took a deep breathe and accelerated leaving the 3 girls behind. I smiled subconsciously.

I immediately lost it when I spotted the girl from Beltane in front of me. I tried to advance but I just couldn't catch up. Sweat dripped down my face, I could hear my heart pumping loud and clear. I'm so tired, I can't do this. A tear fell from my face. My whole body is hurting but I can't stop.

No matter hard I tried to advance her, I just can't seem to catch up. We're close to the finish line and we're passing the bleachers. I looked at the familiar faces.

"Paige!!!" Aicko and Shari screamed.

"Go Peggy! Go!" I spotted Aiden and his teammates.

My eye suddenly fell on Blake. He looked me straight in the eye. "Keep your eyes on the finish line." His voice replayed in my head.

I was brought back to my senses. I took my eyes away from the stands and looked straight at the finish line. One last sprint.

I collected all my energy and sprinted faster than ever before. I didn't care about the screams, I didn't care about the other players, I didn't care about my legs. All that was in my mind was the black and white checkered flag at the end of the track.