02

"I have your back. I didn't mean only when it's easy. All the time."

- Veronica Roth, Divergent

Paige

"Try, this on" Mom handed me a cream colored dress which was slim and sleeveless, which my mom got from my older cousin.

Word spread out that I got the pick and my Mom's going to hold a party for me, later this afternoon. Parties we're never our kind of thing, they were fancy, costly, and unpractical, but from the looks of it, Mom let it pass this once.

Our neighbors were invited, so are my friends from school, and some of our relatives. Mom decorated the entire house to look presentable, We even did a lot of baking with the help of Aiden, we got to finish the job faster. It somehow seemed like she was hosting a going away party for me, I've never seen her this happy to see me off. Kidding

I wore my cousins cream colored dress, it hugged my body perfectly and it exposed my arms. Mom tied my stubborn, curly hair into a bun and fixed the loose strands.

Afterwards I ran downstairs to check the oven, good thing the Walnut cake we baked didn't burn.

Suddenly the door opened and there came, Zoe, Anna, and Dell, my friends from school.

"There you are!" Anna pointed and ran towards me to give me a hug.

"Paige!" Zoe and Dell screamed in unison and hugged me aswell, "Why are you going to leave just like that?!" Anna started tearing up.

I frowned. "Hey I'm not leaving yet!"

"But you soon will" Dell teared up aswell.

I'm really going to miss these girls, they were all so sweet and caring, one of the pieces that I call home.

Anna sat on the couch and started crying hysterically. Ever the emotional.

Dell kept her hug on me trying to stifle her cries. While Zoe just looked at me full of sadness in her eyes.

"Guys cut it out! It's not like I'm leaving forever."

"6 months?!" Anna recalled. "Then when you come back for the holidays and summer vacation, you'd be gone again!" She cried.

I knew leaving would be hard but never this hard.

I sat beside Anna on the couch and Dell followed, while Zoe sat at the other stool.

"Girls, this is just a new chapter in my life, We all will have new ones, and mine may seem so unpredictable, but you three should always know that wherever I may go, you'd always have a special place in my heart," I smiled, finally feeling the sting of tears in my eyes.

But before I could let them out Mom came downstairs, and that ended our girl drama.

Since they were early, they joined me hang out in my room and we talked a lot on my small twin sized bed. They came 2 hours early for the party giving us too much time to talk. Although it wouldn't sustain the months we'd be apart.

"When you get there and meet some handsome prince, Be sure to mention me and how long my eyelashes are" Dell laughed.

Anna but in." Also mention me to some cute Asian guy, I'd love a Korean gentleman," she giggled. She always was the lover of Kpop between us.

"Hey! while you're there, you should find a billionaire boyfriend!" Dell laughed, "And make sure you introduce him to us" she winked.

My eyes widened. "What? No! I'm not interested in billionaires!" I'm more into normal people, I have no interest in elite people.