34

Paige

"Where the hell are you Ashley Bennet?" Stella scolded through the phone.

"I'm tired, I want to leave now." I ended the call giving my manager no chance to protest.

I just couldn't stand being in the same room with the person I hate the most. It's been years since I've last seen him. Many things has changed for me in that amount of time, and for sure he as well.

I thankfully finished my school years as an Eres graduate but many things have changed back then, I suffered a lot in the past. I even had to change my whole life set. I searched a new path that I never wanted. I had to give up my dream, I gave up myself.

From all my hopes and dreams I had from when I was young, none of them turned out as planned. All I wanted was to be successful, living a peaceful life where I can be myself, but fate had different plans. Now the whole world knows me, as Ashley Bennet. I remembered how sad I felt when the modeling agency said that I couldn't use my first name as a title. When I started everyone called me Ashley, I found it weird and unusual, Although it's my second name I still felt like it wasn't me. It wasn't Paige.

But as the years went by, I got used to it. As time passed I learned to accept it, and now I can say that I'm fine with it. This life may not be the life I've hoped for or the life I've planned, but here I am now, I've gotten this far, and I survived. That I'm proud about.

Seeing Blake once again brought back all those memories, funny how all this time, we never came across each other until now. Even so, I hear a lot of news about him, it's hard not to miss it since aside from his well known family, we also have a lot of connections since we're both from the same school.

"Wow after 8 years you finally meet again." Aicko laughed. "It's bound to happen."

I frowned at Aicko, she was searching her phone for a resort venue for our class reunion. It was a mistake that I told her about my encounter with Blake the other night coz now instead of inspecting the resort venue she's more interested in gossiping.

"Didn't you hear?" Aicko crossed her arms. "He's now the CEO of Carlisle group."

"I don't care." I said coldly.

"Well he deserves it, I heard he studied really well and took on internships while in England." Aicko continued. "He's so cool, even if his father was so strict and was always scolding him, look at where he is now."

I turned to Aicko who was watching my facial reaction closely after what she said.

"Cut it out, I said I don't care." I warned her. She just laughed.

I fully moved on from him after I learned that He and Gia became a couple right after our break up. Ever since then, I strengthened myself and moved on.

I found it funny that he repeatedly denied it only for me to find out that they were an official couple all over the news. I felt hurt but I was the one who let him go. It just sucks to know that he could do that to me. He even repeatedly said that he loved me. Or did he really? But that doesn't matter now, I've made my way in life, I won't interfere or care about his anymore.

Throughout the years of us not encountering each other, I slowly lost my feelings for him, and I'm sure that the same goes for him. It's better this way.