| Chapter 35 - Pied Piper |

Cyrene's POV

 A week had passed since that night and even after looking through all the intel I could find I was grateful  for my job, today I was going to be a normal security personnel protecting BTS. Standing outside the studio I could hear shutter sounds and instructions yelled as they did a photoshoot for Puma. I was able to stand outside the door and just be on guard, no emotions no feelings just keep an ear and eye out, I had a desk I could sit at with monitors, the studios security preferred that too with his feet up on the desk and his hat covering his eyes... he was dead asleep. I curse at him focusing on my task at hand. Well attempted to.

It was hard to believe that all the events had occurred in the past week, first the ball then the kiss, the cuddling and the confessions, it made my head swirl. And it didn't stop there as I was flirted with, cuddled and kissed while trying to focus on finding Mr. P. I needed to remind myself that I was their body guard first and I would use my skillset to help them be safe and protected and this task today was going to cement that into my brain. But there was just this feeling, an off feeling that something was wrong, and my gut was never wrong. Checking my ear piece for noise it was silent, something was most definitely wrong.

Rushing to the desk and pushing the guard he yells out at me, I yell at him to be quiet as I pull up security footage, not of the rooms or the stairways but my personally placed cameras within the vents surrounding the room that BTS occupied. The vent fan always whirred in my ear giving me an indication of no obstruction and that the path was clear, looking at the screen I don't think I could of move quicker, as my camera showed a metal pipe stopping the metal fan from turning, someone had snuck past and was currently in the vents.

Rushing to the door I slam it open, the photographer jumps in fright as the manager opens his mouth to chastise me. I put my finger to my lip to indicate to be quiet, I show them my badge which clearly stated personal security, the manager managed to quickly catch on and realise the situation. Pointing to BTS and then to the door I indicate for them to leave the room. Spotting some mannequins to the side I begin to place wigs and big coats onto the mannequins making them look like BTS, gesturing for the staff to continue what they were doing as to not raise alarm by the intruder, they begin to take photos of the mannequins, even calling out vocal praise and positioning "Arm just a little higher Taehyung, perfect, beautiful," Looking at the running vent through the room I notice a single hatch to one side of the wall.

A table stood underneath it and I prayed to God that the culprit would not check his surroundings. My back against the wall I began to wait, the photographer and manager doing perfect in acting like BTS were still in the room. A rattle silences the room as they fear what is in the vent but I motion for them to continue, any change in behaviour could lead to the intruder fleeing the scene. The rattle becomes louder as they approach the hatch right before me, holding my breathe I hear the wriggle of metal against metal and see the vent open before above me.  Seeing a hand drop down I notice a camera in hand, the director was visibly shaking as he continued to photograph the dummies trying his best to stay poised. With all backs turned I see the hand lower even more, it was shaky and even raised and dropped a few times as to get the right angle. Looking at the way the arm moved I concluded that the person in the vent was unstable. Deciding on the next best course of action I put one leg against the wall and my arms out stretched, I pushed out flinging myself forward latching onto the persons arm I use my momentum to fling the person out of the vent, a deep scream is heard as the man crashes hard, landing on his stomach on the floor. He wheezes slightly but he doesn't show any signs of aggression. 

I want to interrogate immediately but something doesn't feel right, the man is shivering and scared and does not even bother to try and escape, he just surrenders. Using my knowledge I try to rack through the possibility on the mans weird behavious, I felt something dawn on me, this was a decoy. Cursing under my breathe I rush out of the room, by chance Sejin stands outside, most likely waiting for me, "Where are they?"