| Chapter 26 - Shadow |

Cyrene's POV

My hands sweat profusely as I stand at my bedroom door fully dressed in my beautiful dress and a black smokey eye making my eyes pop. My hair was twisted into a neat bun with two stray strands shaping my face. I hadn't worn heels in a while and it was noticeable as I kept swaying slightly trying to keep my balance. With the extra height I would be just short of Namjoon, I wondered what they would wear tonight and it made me sweat more, they would be dressing up in some of their finest clothes to go to this forced event. But those perverted thoughts compare little to the amount of stress caused by my main job. Being Bangtan's Bodyguard. 

I quickly flick open my phone, it slipping slightly from the sheen of sweat on my palm , for the first time I was unable to find out the location of the event, unknown terrritory. My mind raged with the possibilities of danger, a basement, a weapon stock room, what more? A secret hide away created by P to hurt the boys? Fortunately Bang was not coming to this event but a representative that would mingle and do his own thing, I was also blessed with the company of manager Sejin, at least I would not be alone at such an event.

An event with an unknown, with an unknown guest list, unknown catering. My breathing had increased significantly with a slight panic, I despised being in the dark for such events which careful planning is required. But never fear the mighty Cyrene, has a back up plan for everything, hoping everything had gone well my phone would have high functioning processors that will take my many various, thingy madddoobs, secretly tucked away into my bag. Fearing I had forgotten any essential items, hacking system drive - check, audio and video recording mini-systems - check, relay system - check and a USB, just in case there is any files. 

A cautious knock alerts me it's time to leave. My heart rate increases more as I walk towards the door, the house was eerily quiet as the members got changed. For such a thing many stylists are actually discouraged, as in the name it is to embrace the idol culture or so that's what they say. The wooden floors rung of my nervousness, the slight clicking giving me some grounding. Maybe I should have a drink before this, I think to myself panicking, 'Cyrene please,' Namjoon's shaky voice brings concern, 'the boys are down stairs but I can basically hear your nervousness in your walk, and I know you're nervous but I need you to be brave for us today,' He gulps nervously fixing his tie unsure on what to do. He had so much pressure on his shoulders, he was the leader of the group, he took the brunt of anything thrown at them. He was their brother, not by blood but by fate and each year brought a sense of dread with each task. Unknowingly I would have to sit back and watch, Namjoon didn't know why he didn't tell me but he knew what my thoughts would be. The car ride would be awkward to say the least.

'You're right Namjoon, we need to put on a brave and confident face for the boys,' I giggle reaching for the door handle, Namjoon still struggling with his perfect tie as if there was a problem with it in the first place, 'You need to be strong too I trust you as their leader,' removing his hands from the tie, I give a light kiss to his cheek, bringing forward a red hue, walking forward I gesture for him to link with me and walk down the stairs.

'You know there's an elevator,' he chuckles now fixing his collar as the heat rises from his neck, laughing at my impracticality, I step into the elevator leading us to the underground garage where we will meet the members. He couldn't look at me as he tried to calm his heart rate, looking at only the shiny metal walls which unfortunately still reflected my silhouette, resulting to just looking at his shiny black leather dress shoes. The ding alerts us  to the door opening, and my expressions reflect theirs, with slicked back, styled hair and a simple black tuxedo and dress shoes, I was in awe they looked awesome, Jungkook sporting a new under cut. They couldn't help but admire my stature the dress hugging every curve on my body and the heels extending my leg line. Namjoon finally coming to his sense gasps, turning his face away from me once again.

'Yes we all look sexy asf, but we're gonna miss the show if we don't hurry up,' I swing the clutch around hanging it over my shoulder, quite a contrast to my current elegant and up-kept look. Moving into the black mini van the driver sat at the front, a raised black screen to block out the back and keep our conversation private. The remaining staff had already left in a similar vehicle, ready for what could be the worst night of our lives - dramatic I know, but what else can you do but prepare for the absolute worst. The boys slowly filled in Jungkook to my right and Yoongi to my right, I could tell Yoongi was nervous he was slightly more pink than usual and let out little huffs as we were exiting the complex. Grabbing his hand my smaller hand slipped into his perfectly a noticeable calming effect as he let his shoulders relax.

'Thank you,' he said to me, I smiled sweetly, Jungkook notices my actions and grabs my free hand into his resting it on top of my leg. I rub his hand with my thumb, the boys all holding each others hands trying to get each other to calm down, Jimin had a slight glaze to his eyes obviously distraught. Letting out a heavy breathe, I dreaded this question the most.

'Where we headed?' 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unedited

hello pups, I am so so sorry I hadn't even realised it had been a month like holy fuck that's bad. Unfortunately I have been adjusting to adult life and a lot of twists and turns plus my head hasn't been focused too much on this story. I will try to get a steady update schedule, but there is no guarantee.

thank you for your patience.

- Jess x