21: Get Out (pt 3)

Dream

It morning but, it feels weird... I shake it off and get out of bed, and get dressed for the day. When I walk into the living room my stomach turns in circles I feel like I need to throw up but, I try to shake it off. I decide to start packing so that Tommy and I can leave after he gets off of work tonight. I can't honestly wait to leave this fucking place and leave it in the review mirror. I think the only way for us to be completely safe is if we find somewhere away from all of civilization. At least then we can live in fucking piece, I can live in fucking piece, no assholes to try to kill me just for getting bitten. No Hippocrates judging me for getting pregnant at this age. Sometimes I wonder if all of this would've happened if this whole apocalypse shit never happened. Would I still have gotten pregnant? Would Tommy and I still just be friends? Just then a knock sounded at the door. I hesitate, a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. They don't knock again before barging into our home. They're all dressed in black from head to toe. Black masks, black shirts, black pants, black shoes, black socks, and black gloves. Two of them grab me on each side and drag me out of the house as I kick and scream.

"TEN K HELP! TEN K!" I scream with tears running down my face. They drag me out into the front yard and make me get onto my knees. Another one steps in front and pulls a gun out, pressing the cold barrel against my forehead.

"No ones goin' to help you now." It's Liz. She started an uproar in town and now they're going to kill me.

~End~

I wake up in a cold sweat as I let out a scream. I feel myself shaking like a leaf. I shake Tommy violently in fear. We have to leave now. Something bad is going to happen.

"Ten K get the fuck up NOW!" I say as tears flood my eyes and fall down my cheeks. Tommy wakes up.

"What time is it?" He asks groggily.

"Who fucking cares! Babe we have to get the fuck out of here now! I can't stay here we have to leave!"  He opens his eyes, sitting up.

"What's wrong? Why do you sound so panicked?" He asks.

"I had another dream. It's Liz. She's not going to give up! She's going to try and execute me in the front fucking yard! Tommy I don't feel safe here anymore I need to get the fuck out please let's just go!" I say panicked. That dream felt so fucking real I can't even put into words.

"Uh, okay. Okay, just calm down. We need to pack a few things before we leave." He says as he holds me in his arms. "I won't let anything happen to you, or our baby Y/N." He continues, it makes me feel a little better but, I still feel on edge.

"You pack clothes. I'll get food and water. Then, we get our guns and replenished ammo and GTFO." I say in a more calm tone of voice. Tommy nods and we separate and gather the supplies needed. I stuff two big canteen water jars and non-perishable foods into the bag and just really anything you'd need to survive in the apocalypse. Once done packing food I meet Tommy in the room where we keep our guns and ammo. We fit as much ammo as we can into our bags, pockets, and other places as much as we can and load up with weapons. Once we're all set we walk in silence to our truck. Once we get in Tommy starts the truck and back out of the drive way but before we can back completely out Tommy abruptly stops because Ben, Adalynn, and Ben and Liz's daughter are standing there also with bags. They look worried too. Ben walks up to the window, his daughter in his arms. Ten k rolls the window down.

"Ben? What are you doing?" Ten K whispers to him.

"This town isn't what it seems Ten K. I have to get myself and my baby girl out of here while I still have a chance. Please, please take us with." Ben begs. He seems like a genuine person. Ten K looks at me for an answer and I nod. If he wants to get the fuck out of here, why deny him?