25: Twenty Weeks Pregnant.

My sister ended up having her son early, and my brothers girlfriend is three months behind me. So, she's only one month pregnant, actually she just found out today. But, combined they have four kids already. She had two already from a previous relationship and so did my brother. She has a three year old son, and a one year old son. While my brother has one six year old son, and a three year old daughter. I'm five months pregnant with triplets, and my gosh have I gotten big with a proper diet. They say as soon as I give birth in six months we'll leave this place and head north where it's colder. My sister, Genevieve is married to a man named Darryl and together they have a son named after their two grandfathers, Shane Jim Love. My brother, Jack is in a relationship with a woman around the same age as me named Rae and they have four kids, the oldest's name is Jack Junior he's six but everyone calls him Ja J, and his daughter Louise who's three years olds, then there's Keith who's three the same age as Louise, and then there's Harry who's one years old. My father, Shane has kept everyone alive up to this point. My mother and my grandmother aren't among the living anymore I wish I could've had one last conversation with them before they passed but, what can I do? The apocalypse sucks ass. I tuck H/C strands of hair behind my ear as I rub my bump.

"Gooood! I just want to get these babies out of me!!! I cannot seem to ever get comfortable!" I complain.

"I know what you mean Z, when I was pregnant with this little guy I felt absolutely horrible!" My sister says, rubbing it in my face that she's not pregnant anymore.

"I'm not excited about getting bigger but, I also can't wait because I look adorable pregnant." Rae says excitedly. Her family also ended up perishing in the apocalypse.

"Only six more months." I complain tilting my head back as I look up at the ceiling.

"I just can't wait til we find somewhere safer." Sis says as she feeds little Shane.

"I think we can all agree on that one." I say as I rub my bump. Maaan why is pregnancy so uncomfortable? I think to myself.

"It's gonna be hard with babies and kids with us." Rae says nervously.

"Long as we stick together and have each others backs we'll be okay." I say softly.

"That's awfully optimistic." Rae says worried.

"It's not optimism. It's the simple truth. Tommy and I can already hold our own against the zombies." I say simply.

"Yeah right." Rae and sis say in unison.

"It's true. How the hell do you think we've survived this long? I'm telling you the apocalypse changes a person, especially if you see it first hand." I say tucking H/C stands of hair behind my ear.

"How long were you guys stuck out there?" Rae asks curiously.

"Since the beginning pretty much. I eventually wandered out but then I encountered a zombie expecting to die but I guess he saw me and helped me out by killing it and we've been by each others side ever since." I say simply.

"I'm glad he was there for you but, you should've stayed at school that day. We looked for you everywhere but we couldn't find you. We'd hoped you were somewhere safe but I suppose dad wanted to make sure we were safe." My big sister says.

"You didn't look for me everywhere because I was at home. I went back there to find you but I thought maybe you were dead. I was so sad I cried for days until I didn't have anymore tears. At that point I figured maybe I should stop crying and worry about my food situation." I say simply.

"I'm sorry baby doll." Dad says rounding the corner.

"Dad, you don't have to be sorry. It's my fault for trusting that stupid boy in my classroom in the first place. I had a feeling deep in my gut I should've stayed in that classroom but, he said he could drive so I thought maybe you'd be at home. He ended up crashing the stupid car and everyone ended up Zombie food or zombies so, I just ran the rest of the way home. If anyone should be sorry it's me. I made you all worry to death about me. If I had just stayed in that fucking classroom." I say reminiscing about the past. My hatred for that boy boiling up inside me like some delicious soup but spicy. I never should've trusted that stupid little mother fucker. I knew that it was too good to be true. I think to myself.

"I should've just stayed there." He says with melancholic look on his face.

"It's okay though. I'm here now and safe. Although there is a woman after me from Lawrence, Kansas because the thinks I'm a zombie." I say softly.

"Why does she think that?" Sis asks. I hesitantly lift my shirt up over my bump showing off the stretched bite marks on it. They all look terrified.

"Because I was bitten by a small horde but I didn't turn." I say they look shocked still but more relieved and confused.

"How did it not effect you?" Dad asks curiously.

"I have absolutely no idea." I say "but if that woman comes here we need to go or you need to hide me." I continue.

"There's a basement with a panic room. The previous owner killed themselves along with all their family members in there but we buried them and cleaned the shit out of it. Jack even found the code so it's usable." Rae says not even phased that I openly admitted that I got bit by zombies.

"I knew you got bit. That scar was too deep to be what you said it was. How'd you survive that many zombie bites at one time?" Ben asks curiously.

"I honestly have no idea. But how come you helped Ten K and I escape?" I ask shocked.

"Honestly I was skeptical at first but then I realized how old they were and I knew I couldn't let her kill you. I'd feel guilty as hell. Plus not to mention my wife isn't exactly the kindest of people behind closed doors. She acts like a sweet n kind person who loves her daughter and I but, she's actually real abusive. I had to get her outta there someplace safe. I saw that opportunity with you and Ten K." He says simply.

"Well, thank you. We'll make sure you don't have to go back to that awful woman." I say to him. He has to hold back tears of happiness but nonetheless gives me a simple nod before walking away once more.