23: Family Reunion

We walk up to the door and, just to make sure, for Adalynn's sake. I knock loudly on the door as she, Ben, and Ella May are behind Tommy and I. We wait for a couple minutes before the door opens suddenly, and when I see who it is I gasp happily, tears welling up in my eyes as I become overwhelmed with happy emotions.

"Dad?!" I say as I hug him tightly. Out of all the houses, and out of all the people I could run into... My father! I found my father! Oh fuck what's he going to think about the pregnancy? Ugh I don't really care I couldn't be bothered I'm just happy I found him. My dad doesn't say a word he just hugs me back warmly, resting the top of his head on mine. Something I've definitely noticed recently is that my baby bump is a lot bigger since we spent time in that camp. I'm convinced that I'm having more than one because I practically look nine months pregnant! Okay, I'll admit that may have been a bit of an exaggeration. But, my bump is definitely creating a wedge between my father and I.

"Quick, come inside!" He says suddenly as he releases me. We all walk inside to see a cozy home. I hear talking and laughter. Dad closes and slides a metal bar across the door. "It's to keep out any unwanted guests. Hopefully soon we can move on. But, I can't believe it! I'm so happy you're alive! I was so worried I could hardly sleep N/N." Dad states looking at me with a loving face. I've missed him so much... I can't believe I've found him! I think to myself.

"We could use someplace to stay. We're running low on food and water." Ben states aloud. He's rocking Ella back and forth in his arms.

"We have a room available with a crib. Nobody's using it yet." Dad says turning his attention to Ben. "Hey! Jack! Come here!" Dad says calling my older brother. (Quick A/N: Idefk if I gave your brother a name.... oh well his names Jack now!)

"Coming!" He yells back. My siblings are here!?!? I think to myself happily. We hear the sound of my brothers footsteps. He walks into the large entry way from the living room. His eyes widen at the sight of me. He rushes over to me and, without a word he just pulls me into a warm hug. Aw man. I love this man, my big brother, six years older than me. He'd always protect me from our older sister when I was younger. I have a lot of good memories with him. It's so great to be able to hug him! I think to myself as I try and hold the tears that threaten to fall back. Damn pregnancy hormones! I think to myself again. When Jack pulls away from the hug I turn to Adalynn, Ben, and Ella May.

"These are friends of Ten K and I. This is Ben, and his adorable little daughter, Ella May." I say as I gesture over to the father and daughter. "And this, is Adalynn." I say turning away from Ben and Ella, and turn toward Adalynn, also gesturing to her.

"Hey! Wait... what kind of name is Ten K?" My brother asks Tommy as he looks directly at him.

"Hey! Leave him alone! That's his goal, okay? He's going to kill Ten Thousand Z's!" I say defending him. I don't care how much I love my family but, one things for sure. Don't. Insult. My. Man! I think to myself but, try to keep my composure on the outside.

"Oh, well. It's good to see you're still alive." My dad states looking directly at Tommy.

"Of course! He has me to save his ass every time he gets into trouble!" I giggle looking at him with love sick eyes.

"Ha, I recall saving your ass many more times than you've ever saved mine." Tommy says with a sly smirk.

"Aw shut up!" I say, playfully pushing him.

"Thank you for keeping my daughter alive." Dad says to Tommy interrupting our banter.

"Of course." Ten K says curtly.

"Jack, show Ben, Adalynn, and Ella May to their rooms please?" Dad asks politely.

"Sure thing! Follow me." He says before turning and walking to the staircase. I can't believe they haven't noticed my bump yet. I think to myself. They go with my brother.