20: Get Out (pt 2)

Tommy, Y/N, Ben, and Liz sit down to enjoy the dinner Y/N and Liz created together. At first there's silence but, eventually somebody decides to open their trap.

"Wow ladies, this meal is great." Ben says shoving food into his gob.

"Thanks Ben." I say but, Liz just ignores him completely.

"No problem." He says through practically gritted teeth. Y/N wonders what's got Ben's panties in a twist. Maybe he and Liz got into a fight? Who knows, Y/N just continued eating her dinner.

"Can I ask you guys a question?" She asks looking at Ben and Liz.

"Sure! What's up?" Liz says.

"Is there anybody around here that might suffer mentally from the outside world?" Z asks tucking loose hair behind her ear.

"We have a mental health facility next door to the hospital. But, the patients usually live inside the facility. Why do you ask?"

"No reason. I was just curious." Z says stuffing food into her mouth. That doesn't really make her feel safer but, she plays it off like it doesn't mean anything but a concerned mommy for her unborn kid.

"So, how's your baby?" Ben asks changing the subject.

"Oh! Yeah, sorry I was late... I didn't mean to be." Tommy says turning all his attention to her. He even scoots closer to her and grabs her hand. It makes Y/N feel a whole lot better. She smiles at him as they intertwine their fingers with one another's.

"It's okay Honey, I'm just glad you're here now." She says smiling at him. "And, our little bean is doing great! Apparently we're measuring a little over what we're supposed to be but, I mean I've also been indulging in my pregnancy cravings." Y/N smiles wide as she puts her other hand over her bump.

"Well, you looked good before you started to love here But, you look better now." Liz says boredom engulfing her. I can tell. It's a little rude of her but I deal with it because she was the one who came over with her husband.

"Thank you Liz." I say as I finish off my food in silence. We all do. It's so awkward. Sure they're nice people but, I don't know if I can be friends with them. They seem so stale... Ten K and Ben take the dishes to the kitchen as Liz and I sit on the couch. I itch my wrist which, will be my downfall because Liz gasps. "Oh my god! Y-Y-You're bitten!" My heart stops as my eyes shoot up to her.

"What? No! N-n-no I'm not!" I say as I examine her. She's on her feet slowly backing up, fear on her face. "Liz, you know if I was bitten I'd be a zombie! But, I'm not now am I? So, just calm down! Please!" I say also standing up. Liz then bolts out of the house as I try to stop her but, she pushes me down. "LIZ WAIT!" I scream frantically. 

"What was that?" Ben asks as they walk back into the living.

"BEN! Your wife! She thinks I was bitten by zombies but, if I was I'd be all uhhh dead like! But, she didn't want to listen to me and she RAN OUT OF HERE!" Ben helps me up to my feet.

"I'll go look for her. But, why does she think you got bit?" Ben asks curiously.

"It's cause it's from me." Tommy says as he walks over to me, putting his arm around me.

"Yeah, we had to keep quiet from the zombies somehow." I say giving Tommy a lustful look.

"Uh, okay. I'll go look for my wife!" Ben says as he practically runs to the door. But when he opens the door Liz is standing there. With two other fairly buff men. "Babe! I was about to look for you! Oh, wait. What are those two assholes doing here?" Ben says as his voice turns to ice.

"Ben, we have to take that girl away and you know it!"

"Uh, actually no! They explained that it was because they were bein intimate with each other tryin to be quiet so that the damn zombies didn't devour them while they were devouring each other! You know honey that not everyone IS SHELTERED IN THIS DAMN APOCALYPSE!!!!" Ben says getting aggravated by Liz. "Besides, don't you think that she would be a ZOMBIE if them was zombie bites?" Ben says.