Chapter 23

The first thing Y/n realized as he woke up was that Munin was pecking at his face to wake him. The second thing was the all to familiar face of the barmaid, which was currently peacefully sleeping next to him. Her legs were entangled with his and he could feel that they both were as naked as the day they were born.

Y/n: 'Sleepwalking?' Y/n asked Fenrir who let out a growly laughter.

Fenrir: 'Yes, you went for a few more ales before beginning to flirt with miss Jasper here.' The wolf said. With a sigh Y/n freed himself from his partner and began to get dressed. Just to not be a complete arse Y/n wrote the girl a message with his name and where she could find him if he had managed to create a new life with her, even if he was hoping and praying that would not be the case. While getting dressed Y/n noticed that he was already has a decent start of a beard going and that his chest and neck was covered in hickeys. A small smirk grew on Y/n face as a few memories of the previous night came back.

Silently, making sure not to wake Jasper, Y/n left the room and went down to the tavern, where he spotted a few patreons still sleeping away their drunkeness and he also spotted the siblings and his family.

Venta: "Morning brother." His sister greeted him.

Y/n: "Morning to you too, I see you met Purpur and Rosa, that makes it easier I guess. Let's get going after we had breakfast." They nodded and Y/n sat down joining them. "The way back to Vale could lead through some packs of Canis, I can deal with them but I will need you too stay near Fenrir should we encounter some. Other than that there is no big threat I know of."

Rosa: "How will we get through the gates?" She asked refering to the gates leading into Vale.

Y/n: "As a Hero I am allowed to skip through the checks if my rank is high enough. And luckily I am of a high enough rank to not just skip the queue but to also take people with me." Y/n explained. The rest of the meal the enjoyed in silence and soon the group got ready to leave. Charl was more than happy to give them one of the only remaining carrages that survived the attack on Hull and so the journey back to Vale began. Y/n had Sleipnir pull the cart while he rode on Fenrirs back, both Hugin and Munin were scouting ahead, making sure that the road was save. Only few words were exchanged as there was not much they all wanted to talk about.

Venta: "So little brother any Heroine chaught your eye yet?" His sister asked in a teasing manner.

Y/n: "Yes, there is one. She is part of my Guild, quiet the hot head to be honest but still a very lovely person. We tried to go on a date but were interrupted when we stumbled upon an orphan from Patch. Had to chase him through a few alleys to get back the bread he stole. I offered him a place at my Guild."

Oak: "Why?"

Y/n: "Why not? He had to resort to stealing because he had nothing left but his life and his clothes, sure I could have handed him over to the authorities but he did not deserve that for a single stolen bread, so instead I lied to the guards, took him in and he became a valuable member of the Hunters Guild."  Y/n sighed and absentmindedly gave Fenrir a pat. "Since I first got stuck in that Trap Dungeon I had these visions, if I can even call them that. They always feel so real, but only happen in my sleep." Y/n began as he looked up to the sky.

Purpur: "What do you see in those visions?"

Y/n: "Valhalla, the great hall of Odins palace. But it changed everytime I found myself back there. At first it was empty, covered in dust and the furniture looked as if people left in a hurry. As if the Einharjar reacted to the call of Gjallarhorn. The only thing not covered in dust was Odins throne, it called to me. When I sat down things began to be repaired, I think, it was always over before I could get a clear view. The next time I was there I met the, previously presumed dead, mother of two of my Guildmembers, looking like the day she had left was not much longer ago then a week. I tried to help her get out by telling her to hold onto me while forcing my body to wake up. It worked and we learned that the Valhalla I was in must have been part of a Trap Dungeon itself. After that there was a long period of time where I did not go back to Valhalla in my dreams, untill I got put under Merlots spell on Patch. I met Jormungandr there and fought him, completely destroying Valhalla in the process. I found myself in the ruins twice after. First time I only got a massive headache from sitting down on Odins throne but the last time I saw shadowy figure emerge from the rubble that covered the floor. Since then I had not been able to go back to Valhalla." The other listened with great interest as Y/n retold what he saw in his dreams.