Chapter 25

A clear blue sky with not a single cloud visible as far as the eye could see would normaly bring happiness into everyone, but not on this day. The entirety of the members of the Guardian and Hunters Guild that had stayed in Beacon and the entire teaching staff had gathered to lay the five victims, of the latest appearance of Salem, to rest. The atmosphere was somber as Y/n stood next to Coco and Yatsuhashi, not a single word from Ozpins speech got through the dark clouds that were in Y/n mind. Slowly the 4 caskets were let down into the ground as the last body was layed on a pile of wood.

Ozpin: "Mister Schwarz, I think it should be you, as a believer of the Sagas, to let your fellow believer go to Valhalla." Y/n nodded and grabbed the torch he was offered. With a heavy heart he placed the staff the boy had used in life into his dead hands. Setting the logs on fire Y/n took a step back.

Y/n: "The Valcyries have already brought you to Valhalla, feast among my ancestors and our gods. Till the Gjallahorn calls for you once again." Y/n knew nearly nothing about the burial ceremonies of other religions only that they prefer to bury the bodies instead of burning them. Not that Norse were only getting burned on logs, captains would get burned on their own ships and some might even get buried in barrows.

So deep in thought Y/n did not realize that the ceremony was over and people had begun to head back to grief on their own. He only realized that once Ozpin gave him a pat on the back to get his attention.

Ozpin: "I believe you already heard this but none of this is your fault." Y/n nodded as he looked at the stones that had been placed down to mark the graves. "Mind joining me in my office I have a few questions for you."

Y/n: "Lead the way."

Ozpin: "You said that you heard a voice in your vision telling you about your job, what do you think it meant by that?"

Y/n: "It is not possible to tell as of yet. It could mean that my job is to guide souls to their afterlife, but why did I only have to guide those five? Is it because I was there for their deaths? But if so why didn't I see my parents or any of the cultists?" Y/n lamented. "There are so many unanswered questions that cloud my mind. Why did I manage to call upon Salem? Why did that girls wish count even if I was the one summoning her? Where the two Grimm one of a kind or are there more of those things out there? What is the purpose of my visions?" The headmaster nodded in agreement.

Ozpin: "Often times one has to wait until getting the answers they seek." The Sage said wisely. They had entered his office and Y/n sat down on the offered seat while Ozpin went to grab something. He placed a small wooden box in front of Y/n before sitting down himself. "These are the items dropped by the Grimm. The Guardian Guild decided to keep the coins that had been left behind and let these for you."

Opening the box two thin sharp claws sat inside. Y/n decided to use his One-Eyed skill to find out more about the claws.

'???'-Claws
Type: Material
Rank: A

Ozpin: "If you do not mind me asking but what are you doing?" The man asked intrigued as he saw the runes around Y/ns eye begin to glow.

Y/n: "Upon awaking from my long slumber I had unlocked a skill called One-Eyed, it allows me to see details of an item I use it on. For example I now know these are claws of an yet to be named type of Grimm and they count as A-Rank materials. It works on weapons too."

Ozpin: "Do you think you can use them to make weapons out of?" The Sage asked interested.

Y/n: "It could be possible. I already experimented with combining bossdrops with metals when I made Ruby's scythe. It had an interesting effect on the iron I used but it could have been because of the item I used. Further tests are needed to give you a clear answer. But I do not wish to waste anymore of your time sir."