Chapter 30

For the umpteenth Y/n fiddled with the collar of his newly aquired clothings. They were much too fancy for his liking. For the Hero-in-training born into a family of workers clothing like the ones he was currently wearing were stupid. They were neither comfortable, nor did they protect him, nor did they help him do his work. All in all it was mindboggeling why these types of clothing were even been made in the first place.

Aurorius: "Once again you are much like my son." He heard the king say from besides him.

Y/n: "Clothes should aid you in your life, they should be comfortable, keep you warm or protect you. I would rather wear chainmail then this." Y/n grumbled angrily.

Aurorius: "That is to be expected from a Hero." The man laughed. "The preperations have been made. Not a single worker in my castle is allowed to be on their own, nor are they allowed to remove their pin." It was a plan Y/n had come up with, with the help of Limetta. First of everyone has to be with someone else at all times. That way the imposter will have a hardtime fitting in with the rest. Next they all were handed an axe shaped pin, which they were told to attach to their tops on the right side. It will help identify the imposter seeing that he seemingly can only turn itself into a mirrored version of someone. Lastly everyone was given a secret phrase. Something they will have to say to their partner every half an hour. "Will there be a full moon today?" That was the start and the other one will have to answer.

Y/n: "As full as it can be." The king smiled. "Please make sure to stay with me at all times sire."

Aurorius: "Of course. Now let us go, the guest should have gathered already." Y/n nodded and put the dagger he had choosen for the job into the sheath hidden under his top clothing. He and the king soon entered the big ball room that had already filled up with nobles from all around Remnant. It was loud, the air was filled with music and chatter. The workers were doing their best navigating the masses while making sure not to bump into someone or something.

Woman: "Aurorius my dear." Y/n heard and turned to look at the approaching woman, who he knew as Platina, the wife of King Aurorius.

Aurorius: "Ah honey." The king said happy to see his wife, giving her a kiss. Y/n bowed his head respectfully.

Y/n: "My Queen." He said to greet her.

Platina: "Greetings mister Schwarz, I have to thank you for taking care of my husband once again."

Y/n: "There is no need your grace. It is my job as a Hero to help and protect the people of Remnant." The woman smiled at Y/n. The celebration soon was going full throttel and Y/n met a lot of the guests as they went to greet the king. The soon to be wedded pair were showered in congratulations and presents as they were the center of all attention. "Should I have prepared a present too?" Y/n asked Aurorius jokingly. The man chuckled and shook his head.

Aurorius: "You keeping them save is worthy enough to be your gift for them. Although if you wish we can go and you can congratulate them." Y/n nodded and the two went towards the pair. "Carmina, Chrysos. Allow me to introduce you to Y/n Schwarz. He is a S-Rank Hero-in-training that is currently guarding me." The pair looked at Y/n and both took a step back from being intemidated by Y/n sheer height. Bowing courtously Y/n greeted the two.

Y/n: "May Freya keep your love ever growing and may the Norns carve your futures entwined." Y/n stated confusing the two. "Oh I am sorry, in my religion it is tradition to pray towards the goddess of love and fertility Freya for the marrying couples ever growing love for each other and wishing that the goddesses of Fate, the Norns, who carve the past, present and future for all people into the roots of Yggdrasil, to do so for the couple in a way that their fates stay entwined." Y/n explained.