Chapter 32

People always thinks that a Hero is not scared when they enter a Dungeon. That they know what they are about to do. About to face.

It is the polar opposite.

Heroes are always scared. They rarely know what will wait for them in the Dungeons or if they will even make it back out again. Every Dungeon could become their crypt.

So while the crowd cheered around them, hailed them as, well Heroes, as their carriage drove passed.

It was a spektacle for most of the people that had gathered. Rarely people would have a opportunity to meet a S-Rank Hero and even more rare seeing four.

Qrow Branwen, a Druid, specialiced in scythes coupled with the shapeshifting into a crow. Said to be able to kill an entire hoard of Grimm on his own.

Lavendar Purpur, a Saintess, specialiced in healing. It was said that she could heal illnesses even the strongest potions could only delay.

Cobaltinia Sini, an Archer, specialiced in long range attacks. The elderly lady even through her blindness was able to hit a Crawlers secondary pair of eyes from a mile away.

And, feeling quiet out of place, Y/n Schwarz, the wonder prodigy without a class that took Vale in a storm. Other then his ability to summon his own army of undying soldiers he had yet to make his own legends.

The atmosphere was heavy, there was not small talk. Only the sounds of Qrow snoring, Lavendar praying, Y/n sharpening his axe and nervously re-tightening the straps on his armor and the occasional sound of Cobaltinia pulling at her bow string and letting it snap back, were heard.

Y/n: "It feels like we are getting driven to our execution." Y/n mumbled out loud.

Cobaltinia: "It might very well be deary."

Lavendar: "Oum and his sons will watch over us, their blessing we shall receive as we work hard to protect their creations."

Y/n: "Didn't the younger brother create the Grimm?" Y/n asked genuine confused.

Lavendar: "The creations of the God of Darkness are as much a gift to humanity as the animals of the God of Light." The Saintess defended her Gods.

Y/n: "I meant no offense Lady Purpur." Y/n said gently. "I was simply interested." Qrow let out a short snort and moved again, having been woken by the conversation.

Qrow: "Which of your Gods created the Grimm in your belief?" It was a simple question meant to break the tense atmosphere.

Cobaltinia: "Ah it feels like it was yesterday when I fought a Norse. I swear I nearly soiled myself as he continued advancing on me even with both of his eyes shot out and a dozen or more arrows littering his chest." Y/n chuckled.

Y/n: "A Berserker, high out of his mind most likely. But to answer your question Qrow. Grimm are said to be the anger, hate, fear and pain of Ymir given form upon their death at the hands of Odin, Ve and Vili." It took almost an hour until they carriage got to a stop. The door opened and the four Heroes grabbed their bags and equipment before stepping out into the early morning sun. They were only a few minutes out of Vale and the walls could still be seen clearly over the treetops. In front of them was a giant set of doors leading towards nothing.

It was just a set of doors in the middle of a clearing with nothing else.

The king of Vale awaited them with a line of soldiers and workers.

Aurorius: "Greetings oh great Heroes. As the king of Vale I am honored to meet you all and I am extremely greatful that you will help my Kingdom in its time of strive." Y/n stood tall while the others with him showed their respect in their own way. "Unfortunately we have no knowledge of what might await you inside. We believe this Dungeon to be a Trap Dungeon, for that reason we have prepared these for you." The king motioned towards 4 Soldiers who stepped forward and handed each of the four Heroes a bag. "Limetta would you be so kind and explain what this is?" The mage stepped forward and cleared her throat.